Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tulameen FSR

Re: Tulameen FSR

Everyone i saw was friendly. The big camp along the river was by no means social distancing, but they were sticking to their own. Only person I even came 20ft from was the son of the Rabbit mountain ranch. Tried to help me find a way across the river to MY bear!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Everyone i saw was friendly. The big camp along the river was by no means social distancing, but they were sticking to their own. Only person I even came 20ft from was the son of the Rabbit mountain ranch. Tried to help me find a way across the river to MY bear!!
    Good luck, the River has been rising pretty quickly with the melt.
    Some earlier predictions were that the Lake wouldn't flood much at all as the area North of the Lake which feeds it was pretty bare but the area that feeds the River still has lots of snow. Oh well, if the River gets too high I can fish from my deck.
    Gun Range hasn't opened yet, hopefully next trip.

Got back yesterday - still lots of snow, made it 100 yards on Tulameen FSR when we turned around. Went to Carolyn Mines road, no snow there at all. It was really hot, hiked a bit and came across one bear that took off as soon as we saw him. That was the only action we saw..will have to wait until the snow melts to hit Tulameen FSR again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Good luck, the River has been rising pretty quickly with the melt.
    Some earlier predictions were that the Lake wouldn't flood much at all as the area North of the Lake which feeds it was pretty bare but the area that feeds the River still has lots of snow. Oh well, if the River gets too high I can fish from my deck.
    Gun Range hasn't opened yet, hopefully next trip.
    The lake is half way up the lawn at the beach. The river came up TONS Saturday alone, same weekend last year I could get much further back than this year. The river is quite dirty too, must have been a slide higher up?

Anyone been on the road last week or so since steelco last update. I know they got a dusting recently. Staying at coq lodge mon to Thursday for fishing and going to pop into the area for bears too with family.
    Cheers

Nate - i attempted Tulameen today and the snow began a few kilometer in. I relocated and am now hunting at a lower elevation off the coq. I did see a jeep come through from the direction of tulameen, but it did not look promising for bear as there was very little green at this time. Could be another couple of weeks.. hope this helps

Just left town again today, nobody at the store could say one way or another. A few roads I could use this week last year bit me hard, 90 min of winching to get out. I'd wait a week more

Damn Tulameen have to drive 20 to avoid hitting deer on the road.
    You folks really need to cull those things
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

How about Brookmere FSR, any word on that out there?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Damn Tulameen have to drive 20 to avoid hitting deer on the road.
    You folks really need to cull those things
    That's only in Town, outside of Town we just hit 'em, toss 'em in the truck and they are in the freezer pretty quick.
    Actually on the trip us this AM, only saw one deer the whole trip and that was on #3 maybe 15 km. west of Princeton. Usually see dozens.
    Haven't seen any in Town yet today, usually they bug the hell out of the dogs when a small herd of 'em walk by the place.
    Most exciting thing I saw on the dog walk thru Town tonight was the new, covered outdoor seating at the Trading Post.
    But back on topic, everyone I've chatted with today said a definite "No" to coming in from the COQ.