Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 15 Bear Kills

Re: 15 Bear Kills

Sadly, we are our own worst enemy and spend a great deal of time trashing fellow hunters for not doing things the way we think they should be done. Far too many parrot things they have heard or read as if they are facts, with absolutely ZERO personal knowledge about any of it. So many hunters are quick to denounce how others hunt, because it does not fall into their narrow parameters of how they think things should be done, based upon no personal knowledge of why different methods are used in other areas. Generally those with the most vehement opinions are those who have little or no personal experience with what they are denouncing.

Ignorance of other hunting methods and the hunting conditions that have resulted in those methods, their flagrant disregard for the damage that social media does, and the me me me attitude of so many, are the main reasons that hunting and hunters are losing so much ground these days. We are killing ourselves off and there is nothing that can be done about it. Too many are far more concerned about petty items such as whether a bear is taken by spot and stalk, with dogs or over bait and whether someone hunts with a crossbow that has a scope or iron sights, a compound bow that has a 25 percent let off or one with 50 percent let off, a muzzleloader that is an old style front-stuffer or in-line...instead of focusing on keeping hunting alive and allowing others to practice the various methods that have developed over many years in different environments and different cultures.

Our goose is cooked. I am glad that I may only have another decade or two to hunt as I am not finding that there are that many I want to share a fire with these days, and by the time I am too crocked to hunt, there will be very little of it to do anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Its abit hard to read some of the fundamentally stupid comments in this thread. The video is perfectly legal and ethical in every way, yet some interject a moral culture (thingy) that is higher than the next guys...I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguy View Post
    Sadly, we are our own worst enemy and spend a great deal of time trashing fellow hunters for not doing things the way we think they should be done. Far too many parrot things they have heard or read as if they are facts, with absolutely ZERO personal knowledge about any of it. So many hunters are quick to denounce how others hunt, because it does not fall into their narrow parameters of how they think things should be done, based upon no personal knowledge of why different methods are used in other areas. Generally those with the most vehement opinions are those who have little or no personal experience with what they are denouncing.

Ignorance of other hunting methods and the hunting conditions that have resulted in those methods, their flagrant disregard for the damage that social media does, and the me me me attitude of so many, are the main reasons that hunting and hunters are losing so much ground these days. We are killing ourselves off and there is nothing that can be done about it. Too many are far more concerned about petty items such as whether a bear is taken by spot and stalk, with dogs or over bait and whether someone hunts with a crossbow that has a scope or iron sights, a compound bow that has a 25 percent let off or one with 50 percent let off, a muzzleloader that is an old style front-stuffer or in-line...instead of focusing on keeping hunting alive and allowing others to practice the various methods that have developed over many years in different environments and different cultures.

Our goose is cooked. I am glad that I may only have another decade or two to hunt as I am not finding that there are that many I want to share a fire with these days, and by the time I am too crocked to hunt, there will be very little of it to do anyways.
    ^^^^^^^ Well said, both of you. The nit picking that goes on regarding our “Legal Harvest” is shameful at best. I’d suggest that any of you that don’t like it or accept how someone conducts their “Legal Harvest” finally leave it alone and realize the damage you’re doing to the hunting community. Look in the mirror; would you be happy with someone demeaning you about your “Legal Hunt”. Time to grow up and shut up. Start supporting every aspect of our hunting and shooting sport (whether you participate or not), only then will we have a chance of saving it.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

If everything is legal I don’t know why some of you are bitching! Most of you don’t hunt bears anyway so be thankful to guys like him he is cleaning your area!!! BTW stop calling predator hunts “trophy hunts” and start to call it “regulation of predators hunts” to protect all offsprings.. that’s when you get your respect from society back!

There is a ton of work that goes into being successful at baiting bears. To harvest a nice Bruin at close quarters with a bow is the icing on the cake and it is very fulfilling accomplishment.

Some of the posts on this thread really show that some people have no clue what they are talking about. The biggest ammo we give to the antis is not a video of humane, legal kills but actually showing the fact that as hunters we are truly divided on the ethics of what we do.

Not many people out there against sports and dedicating the their lives and finances to banning it.

I just think we have to control the narrative as much as possible to help show the public what hunting is about. I think a lot of people/companies are doing this now by producing shows/documentaries that tell the whole story.

The attitude of F you I'm going to do whatever I want might not work out for us in the future. I think, we as hunters, should be willing to ask ourselves what do we need to do/change to ensure we don't lose anymore hunting rights. Just a thought I'm sharing and a conversation we should have together.

It's already on youtube. Who cares what antis think

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    It's already on youtube. Who cares what antis think
    You should care,why do you think there is no grizzly hunt? You can still convert non hunters to be on our side through education,or convert them to antis by confrontation.

This should have been posted in the “Out Of Province” forum....not under Mainland BC.

The same people that claim that baiting is not really hunting or takes no skill are also guys that will drive along a logging road, see a bear, jump out and shoot it. Legally.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Hunting as been around for thousands of years, anti's for about 50 years.
    Are we going to let the new found morals of the majority control the lifestyles of the minority?
    This is precisely what we have been avoiding as a society...or is it just what suits the society?

If so there go's the guns, hunting, holding any religious belief that doesn't belong to the majority. That's why I don't believe in social licence, good luck with attaining and holding on too that.