Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Bear Kills

Re: 15 Bear Kills

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
    Can't believe you can you bait in some Provinces. I get it it's legal but that's not hunting imo.
    And this is ridiculous as well. You're obviously so very well informed.

First off if it's legal it's legal, DON'T assume anything this is the internet! Opinions are healthy, calling someone names based on your opinion is detrimental to your membership!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
    Can't believe you can you bait in some Provinces. I get it it's legal but that's not hunting imo.
    Ya you have to explain this comment.

Although even if it was legal in bc i wouldnt do it but i completely understand the pros and cons of it.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

As for the video, some nice shooting there but personally i prefer hunting videos not killing videos. Your highlighting the wrong part of the hunt imho.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

The whole issue of baiting and fair chase is kind of convoluted. In Alberta, it was not legal to bait deer but more than one outfitter had a mishap which tore open a bag of feed for the horses in a spot he liked to hunt. Likewise, in BC, where the baiting of bears is illegal, it might happen that an outfitter had a slab of bacon fall out of the pack and when he went back to find it, found a bear instead.
    I once heard the opinion, if you knew where a bear had made a kill, hunting at that kill site was the same as baiting. I couldn't really see how that was much different than hunting a particularly good berry patch. Either way, you were hunting the bear where he ate. I always felt that was a CO's self-serving interpretation.
    Personally, I think the baiting of predators is probably the most effective method for hunting them and is why, if bears were too plentiful in an area, it was common practice to thin them out at the local dump. This was where the bears were. Not much of a hunt, mind you. The thing was, in that particular situation, the point was to kill the bears, not to hunt them.
    We have all seen videos of Texas deer hunts which involved a blind in the back of a truck and a bucket of corn. I suppose one could try the same thing here, in BC, but this sort of hunt hasn't really caught on here. Mostly, conditions are different here.
    In a way, the issue of baiting , or not, is not a lot different than other methods which might be employed in different locales. In many places, hunting predators at night is perfectly acceptable but the hunting of prey species the same way is not. In some places, it is OK to hunt deer with dogs while in others, it is not. It is, ultimately, often a cultural thing. The right or wrong of it is in the eye of the beholder. GD

Wow tough crowd on this hunting site...Id love to try hunting bears over bait but i love all types of hunting. I still blaim the core book and its ethics section for teaching hunters to be ashamed of what they do trying to hide it from the more educated civilized non hunters...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

This website is called Hunting BC.
    Clip 7 & 12 seems to show in each a Sow was shot while accompanied by Cubs, totally illegal under BC Regulations.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Placement seemed a bit far back (posterior) to me, no?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a69ac74a06ca8a0e9f88cd82c369a033.jpg  

Must be going for double lung shot.

I have a great amount of experience hunting bears by spot and stalk in BC and points north, as well as baiting in points east. Until one has actually done it all and seen what is involved and the different hunting situations that exist in different areas.......well it would be best to keep a bit of an open mind about it until you do gain some experience. Opinions are really only valid if based on knowledge.

Lastly, I firmly believe hunting sites should not be available for all to view unless they are a member of the site. I don't know when we will all learn that social media has allowed the anti's to use what we post against us and spread photos and video far and wide in their attacks on us.....much of which is proving to be effective in bringing about more and more restrictions against hunting, hunters and methods of hunting. When well we collectively try and be a little pro-active instead of the usual "f*** them, who cares what they think", because they are the ones gaining ground, not us.