Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Bear Kills

Re: 15 Bear Kills

I have to admit I enjoy quality hunting videos that really show the hunt. This not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    This website is called Hunting BC.
    Clip 7 & 12 seems to show in each a Sow was shot while accompanied by Cubs, totally illegal under BC Regulations.

Cheers
    No sows with cubs were killed. I am a licensed guide in Manitoba, and know my laws.

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    As for the video, some nice shooting there but personally i prefer hunting videos not killing videos. Your highlighting the wrong part of the hunt imho.
    All the full videos and some I would call films are on my channel. Some very beautiful and tasteful IMO. So, tasteful a well known broadhead company used it.

Quote Originally Posted by pudi View Post
    I frown upon baiting but a cool video nonetheless. What a boring and low-skill form of hunting.
    OK (eye roll). Once COVID-19 has passed come on out, and I'll take you to my secret spot. But you can only use a bow.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
    Yeah, put out some bait. Hide in a tree or whatever you heroes do and shot a bear. Wow. Real challenging. More like target practice than hunting.
    This is part of the reason why the antis are all over us.
    Another one with you guys on this site. Kill as many predators as we can they're eating all our deer and moose. Maybe they should go to Burger King and order a Whopper huh.
    Couldn't be further from the truth.

I do agree that baiting is likely ethical in a sense that you don’t shoot a bear with cubs, you just have more time. For myself legal or illegal I just don’t find it that sporting, I really like the to hunt and to challenge myself as much as possible.

I bear hunted over bait one year when i lived in Ontario. Setting the bait site, building the stand, and baiting everyday was the hunting part. Walking into a bait site with no gun and stocking the bait was pretty exciting. Sitting in the stand waiting for bears did not seem like hunting just more like waiting. I much prefer spot and stalk for bears.

Also the video is pretty distasteful. We are only going to keep our sport alive by selling it for what it is. If the kill is the only thing glorified then it will one day get banned because it is "only about killing". We need to keep telling the whole story of the hunt not just the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    I bear hunted over bait one year when i lived in Ontario. Setting the bait site, building the stand, and baiting everyday was the hunting part. Walking into a bait site with no gun and stocking the bait was pretty exciting. Sitting in the stand waiting for bears did not seem like hunting just more like waiting. I much prefer spot and stalk for bears.

Also the video is pretty distasteful. We are only going to keep our sport alive by selling it for what it is. If the kill is the only thing glorified then it will one day get banned because it is "only about killing". We need to keep telling the whole story of the hunt not just the kill.
    Better let TSN and everyone else know that they can’t show highlights anymore.....gotta show the entire game, not just the goals
    Last edited by RugDoctor; 05-08-2020 at 10:11 PM.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

I'd bear hunt with archery tackle over bait if I ever had the chance, but I'd never want to put in all the time and work involved in baiting. I've arrowed lots of deer from my treestands and a couple bears in trees, and have had a number of big boars under my tree while elk hunting, so for me making perfect shots isn't as easy as this video makes it look.

In my world, my shot on live game friggin matters. I always WANT to make it perfect which injects a little tension that can sometimes **** with my zen. My focus is better some days than others and thats just the way it is. Its been my experience that being just a few feet away from a big bear and anticipating that momentarily you will be poking him with a sharp stick brings about a true to life in the moment kinda all-in focused experience. I love those rare and perfectly suspended moments just before the shot when I'm keenly focused on making the shot and calmly watching the animal waiting for the right time. THWACK.

Man, I love hunting!!! I love hunting from a treestand, I love spot and stalk hunting, cruising the timberline, hell some days just getting out for a drive and a bunch of armed hikes along spurs is a great time!

I gotta give some kudos to the shooter(s)in that video too!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Its abit hard to read some of the fundamentally stupid comments in this thread. The video is perfectly legal and ethical in every way, yet some interject a moral culture (thingy) that is higher than the next guys...I don't get it.