Sadly, we are our own worst enemy and spend a great deal of time trashing fellow hunters for not doing things the way we think they should be done. Far too many parrot things they have heard or read as if they are facts, with absolutely ZERO personal knowledge about any of it. So many hunters are quick to denounce how others hunt, because it does not fall into their narrow parameters of how they think things should be done, based upon no personal knowledge of why different methods are used in other areas. Generally those with the most vehement opinions are those who have little or no personal experience with what they are denouncing.

Ignorance of other hunting methods and the hunting conditions that have resulted in those methods, their flagrant disregard for the damage that social media does, and the me me me attitude of so many, are the main reasons that hunting and hunters are losing so much ground these days. We are killing ourselves off and there is nothing that can be done about it. Too many are far more concerned about petty items such as whether a bear is taken by spot and stalk, with dogs or over bait and whether someone hunts with a crossbow that has a scope or iron sights, a compound bow that has a 25 percent let off or one with 50 percent let off, a muzzleloader that is an old style front-stuffer or in-line...instead of focusing on keeping hunting alive and allowing others to practice the various methods that have developed over many years in different environments and different cultures.

Our goose is cooked. I am glad that I may only have another decade or two to hunt as I am not finding that there are that many I want to share a fire with these days, and by the time I am too crocked to hunt, there will be very little of it to do anyways.