Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: 15 Bear Kills

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    region 3
    Posts
    2,726

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Hunting as been around for thousands of years, anti's for about 50 years.
    Are we going to let the new found morals of the majority control the lifestyles of the minority?
    This is precisely what we have been avoiding as a society...or is it just what suits the society?

    If so there go's the guns, hunting, holding any religious belief that doesn't belong to the majority. That's why I don't believe in social licence, good luck with attaining and holding on too that.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lumby BC
    Posts
    502

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguy View Post
    I have a great amount of experience hunting bears by spot and stalk in BC and points north, as well as baiting in points east. Until one has actually done it all and seen what is involved and the different hunting situations that exist in different areas.......well it would be best to keep a bit of an open mind about it until you do gain some experience. Opinions are really only valid if based on knowledge.

    Lastly, I firmly believe hunting sites should not be available for all to view unless they are a member of the site. I don't know when we will all learn that social media has allowed the anti's to use what we post against us and spread photos and video far and wide in their attacks on us.....much of which is proving to be effective in bringing about more and more restrictions against hunting, hunters and methods of hunting. When well we collectively try and be a little pro-active instead of the usual "f*** them, who cares what they think", because they are the ones gaining ground, not us.
    Very good post. Good common sense post. I have no doubt, experience is speaking here. Thank you sir!
    Always EXPECT the UNEXPECTED!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    24

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    The same people that claim that baiting is not really hunting or takes no skill are also guys that will drive along a logging road, see a bear, jump out and shoot it. Legally.
    Spot on!!!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Any chance you can put up some of the skull dimensions of the 2 huge ones you took so far this year, that chocolate is a beauty and the big white chest on the black
    2 incrediable bears.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Red Deer A.B
    Posts
    555

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Well done , way to put together a Great video to watch from my easy chair. Second best thing to actually being there. This year was my first time ever sitting over a bait. i didnt think it looked challengeing or boring until i actually did it myself.
    Some observations being a Bow Hunter.
    - This provided me time to make an ethical shot where the bear was in a position that allowed me to tuck my broadhead into both lungs.
    - They are finicky eaters and take their time enjoying their meals.
    - I could be sure the size and Hide were in good condition before i made my mind up to shoot a Bear i was going to have mounted and invest my money into.
    - it's actually the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

    To bad some have to jump on a post holier than thow .
    It takes a long time to sit and write your story out and endless hours editing so others can enjoy it. Retired guy summed up hunting perfect!!
    Hunters bashing hunters though, come on dude , sure you have an opinion like everyone is entitled to , maybe just keep it to yourself like a Grown up should be able to.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,077

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredguy View Post
    I have a great amount of experience hunting bears by spot and stalk in BC and points north, as well as baiting in points east. Until one has actually done it all and seen what is involved and the different hunting situations that exist in different areas.......well it would be best to keep a bit of an open mind about it until you do gain some experience. Opinions are really only valid if based on knowledge.

    Lastly, I firmly believe hunting sites should not be available for all to view unless they are a member of the site. I don't know when we will all learn that social media has allowed the anti's to use what we post against us and spread photos and video far and wide in their attacks on us.....much of which is proving to be effective in bringing about more and more restrictions against hunting, hunters and methods of hunting. When well we collectively try and be a little pro-active instead of the usual "f*** them, who cares what they think", because they are the ones gaining ground, not us.
    I thought about this many times, "visitors" should not be able to read everything on here and even new members should be checked out.
    I can imagine an "infiltrator" signing up just to use what we say and post here against us as hunters.
    Trust your gun.
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" –Sherlock Holmes
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    201

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Any chance you can put up some of the skull dimensions of the 2 huge ones you took so far this year, that chocolate is a beauty and the big white chest on the black
    2 incrediable bears.
    The chocolate green scored at 21" and the black 21 4/16. Now to wait for the drying period which starts today. I'm hoping it doesn't dry a quarter inch, but I've never entered a bear, so I don't really know.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    The problem with the video is that it glorifies the kill, not the hunt.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    10,355

    Re: 15 Bear Kills

    Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    The problem with the video is that it glorifies the kill, not the hunt.
    I completely agree.

    I'm starting to think these videos are not really doing us any favours.
    It's not easy for most people to digest a kill and we don't hunt to kill (at least I don't).

    Maybe it would be a better strategy to film everything else except the kill.
    I figure video recording and social media are all new technologies and the infatuation will pass.
    - When someone takes away your right to defend yourself, you are a victim.
    When you take away your own right to defend yourself, you are a sheep.
    - We need a study to study the study. If the study that studied the study does not concur with the studied study’s findings, we will need a study to study the study that studied the study.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •