Thread: Allison lake

Allison lake

We have owned a place at Allison lake (just outside Princeton hwy 5a) for 7 years now and for the last 2 to 3 years the fishing has gone to shit. Rarely see the surfacing in the morning and evenings compared to the past. Trolling was always a guaranteed fish in the boat in the past but no longer. Any know who to contact to see about stocking numbers etc... Also anyone else on here have a place there and expirence the same? Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Allison lake

Allison Lake- 10,000 AF3N peanask triploid ladies every year for the past 9 years, last year was only 5000. Should be a real producer.
    https://www.gofishbc.com/Stocked-Fis...0&end=5/6/2020

Your fish are gorging on chironomids, leeches and dragonfly nymphs.

Trolling small lakes is a lost art of the ancestors - you need to get with the times and fly fish for these pennasks. Learn to fish chironomids and your little lake will sparkle once again.

Missed this post, sorry.
    Son has lived in Princeton the past 20 or so years, has fished almost every River and Lake in the area over the years.
    Chatted with him today, he hasn't fished Allison for years but agrees with the other positive posts.
    He just got back from a short Long Weekend trip to a small 5A Lake said it was teeming with fish in the small to medium size, landed dozens but didn't retain any.
    If you have a car topper you can access dozens of smaller Lakes and avoid the crowds of the ones right on the Hwy.
    Wife and her Family used to spend summer holidays at Skye Blue Lodge on Allison in the 50's and early 60's, they loved it.
    In the late 60's her Dad wanted to buy the Lodge and move there and operate it and the hay fields. My Future Mother In Law said "no way" and that was the end of his dreams. He was pretty excited when we built our Tulameen place @ 20 years ago, I'd bring him up quite a bit. Prior to WW2 he lived there for a short spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Missed this post, sorry.
    Son has lived in Princeton the past 20 or so years, has fished almost every River and Lake in the area over the years.
    Chatted with him today, he hasn't fished Allison for years but agrees with the other positive posts.
    He just got back from a short Long Weekend trip to a small 5A Lake said it was teeming with fish in the small to medium size, landed dozens but didn't retain any.
    If you have a car topper you can access dozens of smaller Lakes and avoid the crowds of the ones right on the Hwy.
    Wife and her Family used to spend summer holidays at Skye Blue Lodge on Allison in the 50's and early 60's, they loved it.
    In the late 60's her Dad wanted to buy the Lodge and move there and operate it and the hay fields. My Future Mother In Law said "no way" and that was the end of his dreams. He was pretty excited when we built our Tulameen place @ 20 years ago, I'd bring him up quite a bit. Prior to WW2 he lived there for a short spell.

Woman seem to kill any dreams!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Woman seem to kill any dreams!
    Well, if Mother In Law hadn't killed all of Father In Law's dreams then I wouldn't have ever met my Good Wife.
    Don't ask the Good Wife how she regrets that everyday.