Thread: ❔ Black Bear Regions 8-1 and 8-2 Osoyoos area ?

Question ❔ Black Bear Regions 8-1 and 8-2 Osoyoos area ?

I am heading to Osoyoos for a few days this coming weekend. Is there a healthy black bear population in the area? I could see venturing over to region 8-2 if there was enough compelling info to do so.

My last time out in the region I went up to Mount Kobau via the fsr. I did notice some areas that could have the grass and skunk cabbage that the bears might be seeking but witnessed no bears or bear sign.

Any locals or those familiar with the area I would would greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Even more so if your open to taking a newbie out. I will be in the area May 8-10 2020.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ❔ Black Bear Regions 8-1 and 8-2 Osoyoos area ?

Not sure about the bears up that way but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for someone to go with.

Likely to much snow to make it up Kobau at the moment. Warm weather this weekend should melts a lot of it

...yes, too much snow now to go on mount Kobau. I go every year as early as possible. The bears are all on the south face eating green grass.

When would you say would be the earliest on average you would venture out on Kobau? Would the FSR on the way up offer any opportunities?
    Quote Originally Posted by vladthepes View Post
    ...yes, too much snow now to go on mount Kobau. I go every year as early as possible. The bears are all on the south face eating green grass.

Head up over the Fairview Road out of Oliver and you may see some bears in there.

Just be careful the first many Km are mostly private land now.