Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Been Stopped?

Re: Anyone Been Stopped?

As I understand it the recommendations to stay at home are just that recommendations and as such are unenforceable, with regard to social distancing it may be common sense but any tickets issued could be a different story and may not be enforceable in court.

What are the actual numbers how many have actually died from china virus and how many from other causes, what is the difference between a normal year and this year I suspect that the numbers may alter drastically and be much closer if everything was taken into account. How many of those in homes would have died anyway this year as the average appears to be 18 months to 2 years and how many more will die because their diagnosis or treatment has been postponed?

Before any body starts jumping on me I am taking it seriously and social distancing but I object to being told what to do and when so I will make my own decisions and not trust some doctor who thinks she can control people. Why does she not give out postcodes of infections due to privacy!!!!! what a joke when Vancouver Coastal Health has been monitoring people returning to Canada since January.

If clear and decisive action had been taken back in December/January we would not be in this position now and although we look good against many other places what we have done may not have been the correct course of action.
    Last edited by BriarPatch; 05-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    1417 cases recovered, the recovery numbers are always neglected, its always new cases and deaths
    True enough, I should have added that. The 2224 cases are the total number to date I believe, which counts currently sick, recovered, and dead (as far as I can tell from the info from John Hopkins at any rate).

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    well she shouldnt have been topless with a cow moose hanging fetus on the rotissire and powder on her nose.
    soory bad joke on my part but a little funny.
    Bad joke? I dunno about that. More likely pretty phucking ignorant is the way I take it myself. But that's just me. And probably every other person that reads your post.

Hmm during a worldwide pandemic..rules change..like it or not.provincial health officer is given powers..ie power of law..power of enforcement..for what she thinks is best for BC..
    we don't like some of the actions and consequences of her orders..
    No one likes BC rec sites closed down..I do know they are being monitored here in the Cariboo. .the closure is not a suggestion it is a provincial order..yup..you can try and challenge it.or disobey it..
    I have been pretty much house yard bound..I have been out several times solo checking out upcoming locations for bear hunting..I realize it's not forever..it's for now..realize also pretty reclusive lifestyle we live.lol
    I don't go to huge sporting events..concerts..hell I don't even do the shopping..however Susan had N 95 masks before anyone generally knew what they were...scared ? No but genuinely concerned..not by my actions but by others who think opening their nail salon trumps others lives..yes my income has not changed..however our output has..prices are up..medications dispensing fees are effectively tripled..carbon tax has changed our $16 month in actual natural gas use age to $124 bill..sucking it up untill election time .
    We are effectively living our lives in this troubled times., what's worse than some restrictions for now..dying forever..
    Brighter note Susans car got washed, waxed..shined..so did 27 foot travel trailer, ATV..windows on house..siding..next is truck so it all can get dirty bear hunting..lol..
    Sitting out in the forest..in personal travel trailer..going down deactivated trails..roads..looking for bears..drinking coffee and tying flies by Dennis..Riber. .Muscrat " pretty much normal spring..I think rec sites will open after May long weekend.
    Srupp

I think the first sunny weekend and Dr Bonny is going to flip her shit - and rightly so. The beaches are already crowded and parks too. Wait til it is 25 and sunny. Despite best efforts to block the parking lots people find a way. I think this coming weekend may shape how aggressive enforcement will be over Victoria Day weekend. I try and avoid the crowds but it will be harder to do as we march towards summer.

I'm out in the bush everyday, there are more families and kids on motorbikes than I normally see. Lots of people out camping in out of the way spots, enjoying themselves, everyone is keeping their distance it looks like to me....good to see.
    I see hunters too, quite a few out bear hunting, CO is out there too.

I thought we were going to hear about a spike 2 weeks after the easter long weekend, I don't think it happened??

soory bad joke on my part but a little funny.
    No, that’s not even a little bit funny. Grow up a little...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    Have you ever looked around you and said "why the f**k are they doing that?". Have you watched the news and said WTF?

People DON'T know.......people are idiots.

Do you think these "should know"? They may have been asymptomatic but how many people did they perhaps touch through their travels?

More than 370 workers at a pork plant in Missouri tested positive for coronavirus. All were asymptomatic

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/tr...uri/index.html
    Some medical research studies/groups suggest we could have already reached near herd immunity with majority of people being asympotmatic and many having contracted the virus well before our lockdowns which would mean all of these precautions have been a complete waste. Governments have been gagging them from releasing actual numbers though, all they can say is vague things like "a lot more than thought" etc. Doubt the government would ever admit to any of this though, they will just say it was because of our social distancing and lockdown measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Hmmm niece was out camping in unmarked and unregulated campground (clean, home made outhouse, pre-cut firewood left for the next group and all). As of late it seems to be the place for her to clear her head and grieve the recent passing of her Dad (Brad RIP) so i have been encouraging her to get out there more. Saturday a CO shows up and gives them a huge hassle for being there. CO cites closure due to inablility to keep public outhouse disinfected (bs). Niece was taught early the principles of a clean camp (Grizz territory) so there is no garbage, sufficient water nearby to douse fire etc... Mature, respectable kid, says ok thanks, packed up and came home. Went over some maps with her Sunday afternoon and cannot find anywhere close to where she was marked as a rec site, no signage of any kind, just a common public camping spot (proximity to mushrooms picking, trail system, used to be a good hunt until forestry levelled it) We managed picked another good spot near water and a little more off the beaten track for her next weekend. Region 8 Just FYI
    Strange, I've seen people camped all over the dang place in region 3, more than I ever have before...

Quote Originally Posted by BriarPatch View Post
    As I understand it the recommendations to stay at home are just that recommendations and as such are unenforceable, with regard to social distancing it may be common sense but any tickets issued could be a different story and may not be enforceable in court.

What are the actual numbers how many have actually died from china virus and how many from other causes, what is the difference between a normal year and this year I suspect that the numbers may alter drastically and be much closer if everything was taken into account. How many of those in homes would have died anyway this year as the average appears to be 18 months to 2 years and how many more will die because their diagnosis or treatment has been postponed?

Before any body starts jumping on me I am taking it seriously and social distancing but I object to being told what to do and when so I will make my own decisions and not trust some doctor who thinks she can control people. Why does she not give out postcodes of infections due to privacy!!!!! what a joke when Vancouver Coastal Health has been monitoring people returning to Canada since January.

If clear and decisive action had been taken back in December/January we would not be in this position now and although we look good against many other places what we have done may not have been the correct course of action.
    Some lawyers are saying that even the $5.8million in fines handed out back east may all be invalid since they didn't change time constraints on them to allow for challenges and due process in court as the courts are all closed.