Thread: Trails off 37 near Tattogga

Trails off 37 near Tattogga

Hiya folks. Anyone know of any horse or other trails headed EAST off of 37 in the 30 km immediately south of the Todagin mountain trail and todagin south slope? I know there is an outfitter near willow creek...

Just looking for a trail that will take me into the alpine headed east.
    Last edited by robllachance; 05-02-2020 at 10:20 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trails off 37 near Tattogga

lots of issues with roadblocks in that area.

I flew out of tatogga last year into the Spatsizi and pretty much every little pull out along the highway had 5 trucks with horse trailers parked in them, I’m sure you’d be safe to stop at any pull out close to tatogga and find trails....

A) the outfitter has the area listed for sale
    B) horses don't get you to sheep country there, only swamp donkey and goats
    C) coastal type weather will make for a memorable trip

I found a good trail behind willow ridge resort (i dont think its operating anymore) but it petered out and i ended up just using game trails here and there. It was a rough hike but gained elevation fast and once you get up its gods country. I think if you dont get any leads on a solid trail try the pullouts and see if there is a horsetrail as suggested, if that fails, pick a spot thats close and figure out a way up. You might take a beating but it was always worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by robllachance View Post
    Hiya folks. Anyone know of any horse or other trails headed EAST off of 37 in the 30 km immediately south of the Todagin mountain trail and todagin south slope? I know there is an outfitter near willow creek...

Just looking for a trail that will take me into the alpine headed east.
    KLO covers that entire area from the Stikine to Kinaskan, 30km south of Tatogga. The area south of KLO, is Tumeka Lake Outfitters, recently sold, with a main camp at Willow Creek and likely has a trail to Tumeka Lake as they used to and may still run horses. It would be quite a hike and definitely an adventure.