Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Been Stopped?

Re: Anyone Been Stopped?

Was out on Saturday with my Daughter, RCMP were in the area looking for someone. They asked if I had seen an activity in the area and told us to have fun! Was a very pleasant interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    If both are asymptomatic, it's not an issue. Here's the thing, people should know what the likelyhood of them being infected might be. For the vast majority, the chances are low. Common sense. Be cautious but don't be scared. Since Bonnie Henry won't release information regarding the incidence of infection, we have to weigh the odds and figure it out on our own...
    If one person is asymptomatic the other guy is probably done, that is how and why this shit spreads. I won't even start with "common sense" and "people should know", that's laughable.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

It is funny how people buy into this suggested behaviour as law.
    There is no law saying we can not hunt with others then family. It has not been changed in the Wildlife act nor in common criminal law. The CO's and the RCMP will loose in court if they write a ticket.
    The judge has to look at the law not social license.
    I would be hunting with who ever you like just be respectful of others you encounter while on your hunt or travelling to and from.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    If both are asymptomatic, it's not an issue. Here's the thing, people should know what the likelyhood of them being infected might be. For the vast majority, the chances are low. Common sense. Be cautious but don't be scared. Since Bonnie Henry won't release information regarding the incidence of infection, we have to weigh the odds and figure it out on our own. Ultimately, if the virus does not just disappear (unlikely) or an effective vaccine is not developed, we will have get it to develop immunity. On the other hand, if one does get it and knows it, spreading it is criminal. GD
    There's no way, yet, to know if having and recovering from covid-19 actually causes you to develop immunity. And even if it does, how long that immunity will actually last. Pretty serious risk for an uncertain benefit. And I do mean serious risk. going by the average numbers reported for incidence of complications requiring hospitalization and mortality rates.. the risk is roughly equivalent to playing russian roulette twice, first time pointed at one of your lungs, second time pointed at your head. Not a game I'm keen to play.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    You are not going to be hassled...at least by the authorities. Stay away from provincial parks..try not to rub peopled noses in it and just go and enjoy yourself..I have ridden my dirt bike every weekend since this all went down..people are mnt biking,walking there dogs,quading,paddling the lakes..maybe even more so then they did before..it has been good weather all spring and the bears are out,lakes are opening up...the outdoors is the best place we can be right now...get outside

This is great advice don’t tell anybody except for us that you’re going hunting is there’s a lot of stupid people out there that think that you can’t leave your house even if you’re going to the Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    There's no way, yet, to know if having and recovering from covid-19 actually causes you to develop immunity. And even if it does, how long that immunity will actually last. Pretty serious risk for an uncertain benefit. And I do mean serious risk. going by the average numbers reported for incidence of complications requiring hospitalization and mortality rates.. the risk is roughly equivalent to playing russian roulette twice, first time pointed at one of your lungs, second time pointed at your head. Not a game I'm keen to play.

Will the how are you planning on living for the next dozen years..cause if having it and recovering doesn't provide some immunity then immunization is out as well...so your gonna hide untill when? Think about that. Your not holding hope for only 18 months but like alot longer...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Hmmm niece was out camping in unmarked and unregulated campground (clean, home made outhouse, pre-cut firewood left for the next group and all). As of late it seems to be the place for her to clear her head and grieve the recent passing of her Dad (Brad RIP) so i have been encouraging her to get out there more. Saturday a CO shows up and gives them a huge hassle for being there. CO cites closure due to inablility to keep public outhouse disinfected (bs). Niece was taught early the principles of a clean camp (Grizz territory) so there is no garbage, sufficient water nearby to douse fire etc... Mature, respectable kid, says ok thanks, packed up and came home. Went over some maps with her Sunday afternoon and cannot find anywhere close to where she was marked as a rec site, no signage of any kind, just a common public camping spot (proximity to mushrooms picking, trail system, used to be a good hunt until forestry levelled it) We managed picked another good spot near water and a little more off the beaten track for her next weekend. Region 8 Just FYI
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    Hmmm niece was out camping in unmarked and unregulated campground (clean, home made outhouse, pre-cut firewood left for the next group and all). As of late it seems to be the place for her to clear her head and grieve the recent passing of her Dad (Brad RIP) so i have been encouraging her to get out there more. Saturday a CO shows up and gives them a huge hassle for being there. CO cites closure due to inablility to keep public outhouse disinfected (bs). Niece was taught early the principles of a clean camp (Grizz territory) so there is no garbage, sufficient water nearby to douse fire etc... Mature, respectable kid, says ok thanks, packed up and came home. Went over some maps with her Sunday afternoon and cannot find anywhere close to where she was marked as a rec site, no signage of any kind, just a common public camping spot (proximity to mushrooms picking, trail system, used to be a good hunt until forestry levelled it) We managed picked another good spot near water and a little more off the beaten track for her next weekend. Region 8 Just FYI
    That is just sh*tty of the CO. I drove the Duffy yesterday and saw a bunch of campers along the river. Assuming they are exercising caution regarding the virus I say good for them!

I hope she isn't hassled any further.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Will the how are you planning on living for the next dozen years..cause if having it and recovering doesn't provide some immunity then immunization is out as well...so your gonna hide untill when? Think about that. Your not holding hope for only 18 months but like alot longer...
    Did you miss the part where I said "There's no way, yet, to know.."? Decisions get made on information. Until we have information, we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    Decisions get made on information. Until we have information, we wait.
    Good on ya! You stay home and wait for a decision, I’m going hunting away from other folks with no plans to interact with others any more than I do now at home.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.