Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Been Stopped?

Anyone Been Stopped?

Was just wondering if anyone has been stopped while on a bear hunt with two people not being family, hunting camps etc?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone Been Stopped?

Ran into the RCMP a week or two ago - unrelated to my activities in the woods - but they did not care that I was out hunting (solo) 80km from home, nor did they check my firearm that I told them was in the vehicle, or ask to see a PAL. I think they have better sh*t to deal with than checking hunters unless given reason. To my understanding they also do not have the authority to enforce PHO regulations.

That said, why push it? Currently things have been going relatively well in BC, and they have kept hunting open under the guidelines of not sharing a vehicle etc. Would hate to see us all suffer because a handful of people aren't willing to hunt solo for the spring. Just my 2cents.

You are not going to be hassled...at least by the authorities. Stay away from provincial parks..try not to rub peopled noses in it and just go and enjoy yourself..I have ridden my dirt bike every weekend since this all went down..people are mnt biking,walking there dogs,quading,paddling the lakes..maybe even more so then they did before..it has been good weather all spring and the bears are out,lakes are opening up...the outdoors is the best place we can be right now...get outside
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Been out camping and causally hunting a few times. No stops... even bumped into some SAR folks looking for a body and talked to them and everyone maintained a good distance.

I think as long as we keep our distance out there and don't cause issues (fires, accidents, needing help for vehicle break downs / tows) etc... or start assembling in hunting camps with 10+ people (who don't live together) around a campfire, they won't shut down hunting/camping like they have in other places... but if we screw that up (which unfortunately is happening to some extent) they won't shut it all down.

I would say if you are going to go out, keep the camps small, don't be a liability.. if you roll a rig, break down and cant fix it yourself, gather with a bunch of others, passing around the bottle in a big circle, create any situation front line workers need to attend, injure yourself, etc.... all those things... if we go and start that kind of stuff the justification is there to shut it all down (no camping, hunting or fishing allowed) so we just need to be smart about it.

I don't stop anywhere to go to the washroom (I plan my liquid consumption ahead) ... if I stop for gas I hand sanitize before and after ... no going in to buy snacks anywhere and I accept that if I get stuck behind a washout (which I judge thoroughly to avoid) I accept that I'll just leave my vehicle to rot. I'm not asking anyone to come help or paying anyone to interact with me or my vehicle.

If we all treat it like this, we can keep on the way we are as the weather turns nice and more people are enjoying the outdoors. Won't take much to mess it up though. Make sure the vehicle is good and reliable, be extra safe, don't slice yourself with a knife gutting a bear and need stitches... that will mess it up... just don't do it... common sense and vigilance and we can all keep having fun.

I just pretend there is no such thing as medical services, no tow trucks / recovery, no ambulances, no gas stations or road stops to use the washroom or get snacks. I think if people can do all those things we're good. I am a bit worried about "May Long" as the kids call it though. I think that could bring about a lot of "party break ups", along with other emergency services being used for BS like drunk people and fights in the bush, maybe fires.... typical "may long" BS.... if it is going to turn into a full on outdoors ban, that will probably be the weekend it happens as a result of.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-03-2020 at 07:47 PM.

I was out bear hunting this weekend. Stopped at the side of the road loading my rifle and an SUV was approaching, as it got close it was RCMP, he just rolled on by. I was shocked they didn't stop to check us out.

Here is a tidbit Dr. Bonnie Henry doesn't want you to think about: If you don't have corona virus and the person you are with doesn't have corona virus, you don't have to stand six feet apart! If you have not been in close contact with anyone you don't know you are probably fine. If your friends have not been in close contact with anyone they don't know, they are probably fine too. It is one thing to be cautious but there is no reason to be frightened. GD

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    Here is a tidbit Dr. Bonnie Henry doesn't want you to think about: If you don't have corona virus and the person you are with doesn't have corona virus, you don't have to stand six feet apart! If you have not been in close contact with anyone you don't know you are probably fine. If your friends have not been in close contact with anyone they don't know, they are probably fine too. It is one thing to be cautious but there is no reason to be frightened. GD
    Playing the devils advocate, what if one or both of you are asymptomatic? Been tested?
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Didn't Bonnie Henry just announce on Friday that we were allowed to start slightly increasing our social circles?

If both are asymptomatic, it's not an issue. Here's the thing, people should know what the likelyhood of them being infected might be. For the vast majority, the chances are low. Common sense. Be cautious but don't be scared. Since Bonnie Henry won't release information regarding the incidence of infection, we have to weigh the odds and figure it out on our own. Ultimately, if the virus does not just disappear (unlikely) or an effective vaccine is not developed, we will have get it to develop immunity. On the other hand, if one does get it and knows it, spreading it is criminal. GD

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    If both are asymptomatic, it's not an issue. Here's the thing, people should know what the likelyhood of them being infected might be.
    Have you ever looked around you and said "why the f**k are they doing that?". Have you watched the news and said WTF?

People DON'T know.......people are idiots.

Do you think these "should know"? They may have been asymptomatic but how many people did they perhaps touch through their travels?

More than 370 workers at a pork plant in Missouri tested positive for coronavirus. All were asymptomatic

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/tr...uri/index.html
    Last edited by MB_Boy; 05-04-2020 at 09:49 AM.