Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quesnel 2 day indoor shoot

Unhappy Re: Quesnel 2 day indoor shoot

Well a great day was held by all and yes Mrs. Oldtimer ( barb ) had a great time even if this archery is more frustrating than when she took up golf !! So now that I hit a money spot I will have the pleasure of shooting against a former B.C. champ, he may have placed in the nationals as well, and Willy who if he doesn't get a 10 every time figures it is a bad day. Me, I am just happy to hit the target. Well we will see how steady this old fart can be. The way it is going now Chris beats the hell outta me, Sammy 99 blows my doors off, I just hope I can keep up to the Grandkids. Will report later on how Mr and Mrs Oldtimer did. Mike!
    Last edited by willyqbc; 02-27-2005 at 08:17 AM.
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Re: Quesnel 2 day indoor shoot

sounds like a good first day for the bunch of ya...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Well it was another good day of shooting here in Quesnel (as if theres such a thing as a bad one!)

Swamper struggled in his first round but pulled it together for a respectable effort in his second! As always he was a whole bunch of fun to shot with!!

Oldtimer stumbled a wee bit today posting slightly lower scores and finishing middle of the pack with a 667/800 good shooting Pop! Oh, and he did not beat the national champ for the money in the spot shoot!

I made up some ground on the leaders but not enough to crack the top 3, finishing 4th, 8 points out of first with a total of 746/800. i also did not beat the same national champ in my shoot-off!!

Alex only shot one round today but had fun none the less!

Sammy99 ran into some serious equipment problems midway through her second round today and was unable to finish her last 8 targets. luckily she had built up enough of a lead that she still won her division by 10 points and was the high scoring lady overall. She shot 652/800 Well done babe!!

Michael ran up against some stiff competition today in the form of a young fellow who put up a couple very impressive rounds today. Fortunately he had a lead from yesterday and rose to the challenge shooting over 300 for the first time on 40 targets ending the shoot with a first place ribbon and score of 576/800!! Pretty proud of him as always!!

........and a good time was had BY ALL!!!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

way to go guys and girls...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Congratulation to all but especially to Sammy99 and Michael for some outstanding shots.
    Fantastic shoot !!!
    We had tons of fun and the kids had a blast. We'll be back !

Just a very positive comment Chris. Last year at the other indoor shoot I hit the money spot twice and got some $$. What I didn't know is that I should have gotten 2x the amount that I was given at the time. Well today (one year later) the gentleman that looked after that last year came up to me, apologized and gave me the rest of the money! What a true gentleman!

See you at the next shoot,

Mooseman

Great to hear that all was made right in the end Michael!! Also glad to hear that you guys had a good time!! I'm sure we will cross paths many times this year as we always do, just now we wil be a whole lot more familiar with one another!! Are you guys thinking about coming down for the Broken Arrow 2 day shoot on the easter week-end?

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Chris, it was good both days. Just a little easier today for us on the dark side (stick bow shooters) as Swamper can confirm I am sure.

We would love to come but we'll do a family holiday since the boys will have two weeks off. We'll hook up the holiday trailer and go to visit houndoger and leftcoast.
    Due to work after that I don't know what shoots we can make. But we'll see you and your very nice family again soon.

Greetings from PG,
    Mooseman

Thumbs up Re: Quesnel 2 day indoor shoot

Yes it was a great couple of days. Mrs oldtimer had a ball and will be back. It was a personal best for me so feel good about that. The shoot off was good too, all i wanted to do was hit the scoring rings and i did that. Didn't think I would beat the Canadian champ, he is like a machine, great shooter and a nice guy. Now will wait for the Broken arrow shoot. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Mooseman, maybe at a later shoot. Glad you had fun. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Mooseman the only people I consider from the dark side are the ones shooting those bows with a name that starts with H and ends in T. gotta lotta respect for you traditionalists. Mike

Pop:

As soon as you can beat the bow "from the dark side" you can feel free to ridicule it !!!! Hardy har har. If you ever shoot one, you will stop the heckling..I thought you were old AND wise!!!!

Congrats on your personal best, by the way .

Sam