Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Quote Originally Posted by Bollo View Post
    Hi BP - I didn't intend to be controversial. My question was more about how unsure I was than anything else, and I spent the second half of the post explicitly stating that I am 100% against the legislation. I really appreciated getting such a great response from GD.

While I understand that this is an emotive issue and that firearms owners have become a reviled group in the last couple of decades (despite 1 in 4 households being part of it), I do urge you to allow new members to the community to ask questions or ponder on points that might trigger some (understandably) negative emotions. I know a few people in my exact situation - starting out latter in life and without cultural yardsticks in our past to help guide us on the path forward. Having an open forum where people can ask such questions in good faith is something to be highly prized.

My apologies if I did a poor job in communicating my thoughts - that's on me. I'm new (and had the added distraction of a toddler crawling over me all morning) but I'll try and see my posts in the greater context in future.
    He was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    limit time..I know alot about guns...hunting guns and their regulations..dont know much about miltary guns other than they are designed to take life and used quickly and effectively. I,m familiar with rugers.

My point is I have hunted for over 40 years and never had a need for a hunting rifle to have more than 5 rounds. This is a hunting site . Not a gun site.
    I agree and don't like he idea of a government telling me what I can and can't have . WE unfortunately have nuts like this guy in Nova Scotia who make all of us try and figure out how to prevent tragedy. In an ideal world we would have no restrictions.... and a government and justice system that practiced common sense. To believe that will ever happen is a pipe dream. If the criminal code used the teeth it has to deal with gun violence in the first place you would not need restrictions . Criminal offences that have teeth in the criminal code are not even close to being used correctly.

We have a lot of good sound existing laws that the justice system doe not use correctly. Firearm offences have teeth..never used during most sentencing , so when the shit hits the fan the gun control issues come up.

if you look at our history on hunting guns in North America, we have gone from using lever actions bolt actions and shotguns that were basic that did the job for over 100 years to all these fancy guns that have 31/2 shells ...longer ranges etc etc that take the hunting stalking and woodsmanship out of the picture. I'm old school and believe if you can't get it done with the stuff used for decades and decades get within 100 yards or so to a game animal and all of a sudden are using these modern guns that let you shoot further and further so you hunt from your truck and get out and shoot 400 yards... you shouldnt be hunting... you get my OPINION remember OPINION ..so you see I don't care if the gun companies stopped making the long guns that hold 10 rounds ..In all my years I can't remember needing anymore than two rounds while hunting big game and 3 rounds for birds.

what I do not like ......like most posters here..... is a government telling me what to do . When and where I can do activities and not giving me credit for common sense
    There are alot out there that go to the gun range and shoot like they are in a war ...Shooting rapidly for many many rounds...Never seen the reason for that or the thrill.
    Im old fashioned and believe common sense is just that. Unfortunately as said there are people who do stupid things that create this very post.

this is a hunting site and I get the fact that restrictions and censorship sometimes leads to more of each which could effect hunting.We are not truley free society. As these new changes have not changed hunting as they stand , I am not worried at this point. Don 't like GOVT telling me what to do but not worried as said at this point . If they try and take our hunting heritage and standard hunting guns away I'll be the first to try and prevent it
    Did you even read what no limits and I replied to your previous post? None of those rifles could be loaded legally with more than 5 rounds.

limit time..I know alot about guns...hunting guns and their regulations..dont know much about miltary guns other than they are designed to take life and used quickly and effectively. I,m familiar with rugers.

My point is I have hunted for over 40 years and never had a need for a hunting rifle to have more than 5 rounds. This is a hunting site . Not a gun site.
    I agree and don't like he idea of a government telling me what I can and can't have . WE unfortunately have nuts like this guy in Nova Scotia who make all of us try and figure out how to prevent tragedy. In an ideal world we would have no restrictions.... and a government and justice system that practiced common sense. To believe that will ever happen is a pipe dream. If the criminal code used the teeth it has to deal with gun violence in the first place you would not need restrictions . Criminal offences that have teeth in the criminal code are not even close to being used correctly.

We have a lot of good sound existing laws that the justice system doe not use correctly. Firearm offences have teeth..never used during most sentencing , so when the shit hits the fan the gun control issues come up.

if you look at our history on hunting guns in North America, we have gone from using lever actions bolt actions and shotguns that were basic that did the job for over 100 years to all these fancy guns that have 31/2 shells ...longer ranges etc etc that take the hunting stalking and woodsmanship out of the picture. I'm old school and believe if you can't get it done with the stuff used for decades and decades get within 100 yards or so to a game animal and all of a sudden are using these modern guns that let you shoot further and further so you hunt from your truck and get out and shoot 400 yards... you shouldnt be hunting... you get my OPINION remember OPINION ..so you see I don't care if the gun companies stopped making the long guns that hold 10 rounds ..In all my years I can't remember needing anymore than two rounds while hunting big game and 3 rounds for birds.

what I do not like ......like most posters here..... is a government telling me what to do . When and where I can do activities and not giving me credit for common sense
    There are alot out there that go to the gun range and shoot like they are in a war ...Shooting rapidly for many many rounds...Never seen the reason for that or the thrill.
    Im old fashioned and believe common sense is just that. Unfortunately as said there are people who do stupid things that create this very post.

this is a hunting site and I get the fact that restrictions and censorship sometimes leads to more of each which could effect hunting.We are not truley free society. As these new changes have not changed hunting as they stand , I am not worried at this point. Don 't like GOVT telling me what to do but not worried as said at this point . If they try and take our hunting heritage and standard hunting guns away I'll be the first to try and prevent it
    Well... It seems you’re butt hurt and was hoping that a hunting site would give you the answers you wanted.... well, guess what ? Lots of hunters are gunnies also. You seem stuck on YOUR opinion so I think you don’t want to change... again, please answer my A, B and C questions. But you won’t... so move along please. I’m sure you can find another site that aligns with YOUR views. Have a good one!
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

My current belief is that we have enough hunters in Canada that we will be left alone for awhile. As our numbers dwindle which seems to be happening..it will be a problem. It might take 25 years... not sure .. but at our current state, most young adults don't give two cents about our hunting ....but most kids now a days are out of touch with our heritage and most Canadians don't look at where our food comes from , their own history, and that..is as dangerous as our govt.

so I get the worries here...
    And what are YOU DOING to stop this ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

A Retired Mountie’s Perspective Liberals Gun Control

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...JGvUb2vsAg/pub
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Would be good if this fella could put himself out there even more . Common Sense that needs to hit home !

Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    A Retired Mountie’s Perspective Liberals Gun Control

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...JGvUb2vsAg/pub
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Look who comes out and wants to talk guns. Just listened to a sickening contrived couple hours of cross country checkup with Duncan McCue. I used to be able to tolerate him but now I hate him, phoney journalism, pure garbage.

Here is the big lie, and happened repeatedly... guy calls in and says.......I am a hunter, I am a farmer, I am responsible and I don't see the need for these assault rifles...I dont need that many rounds for hunting, I have been hunting and shooting for a couple years now.
    Well you know what? you dont need that many, in fact with that logic you dont even need a gun to hunt, lets use bows, right?

You dont get the fact that they are going for the handguns too right? and they are going to leave it up to the municipalities to figure that out.

Heres the big one for you guys who only need one bullet to hunt with....did you ever consider that your government is going to be armed with the weapons that are banned for you? Maybe just take a few minutes and think about it, and if your still cool with that then go and look in the mirror at a complete fool.

limit time , what makes you think you have the right to tell me to move on..maybe you should run for office ....lol
    I don't know any of the military guns (was never in the military )..and if some of these guns band only hold 5 rounds and are not any different than standard hunting rifles I agree they should not be banned....In my time on this planet I have seen guns in stores I don't believe the public should own , Get over it ..I have an opinion, so do you .
    What are you doing to stop the government from bad decisions...enlighten me. Making statements on here certainly won't change anything..this is just merely discussion and opinions . Are you actively trying to change legislation ?

338 win mag ..the government has owned guns you don't have access to for decades...
    i'm guessing in your lifetime and mine we will not be subject to tyranny and the government taking our basic freedoms away..when your old and grey and hopefully hunting in a great spot with your favorite winchester...you can say to me if I am still alive...dam bluesman was right ..I still can hunt and use my traditional hunting firearm. And if the government takes them away, you can call me up and rip me a new one.

I don't like alot of decisions this government makes ....I don't think this is going to affect our passion to hunt...... but maybe I will be proven wrong ....
    Last edited by bluesman; 05-03-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Bluesman, you seem to interject alot of your personal opinion into your logic, just keep in mind its your opinion attached to your logic. Just because you dont think someone shouldn't own something means FA, as your opinion has no facts to back it up it is still an opinion. I think its a high level of selfish to think someone shouldn't own something based on an opinion.

Why not muffle all harleys? ....govern all vehicles?....close all the bars?
    After all I dont like noise....people who speed.....and drinking drivers because everyone who go's the the bar drives home, right?

338 win mag ..the government has owned guns you don't have access to for decades...
    i'm guessing in your lifetime and mine we will not be subject to tyranny and the government taking our basic freedoms away..when your old and grey and hopefully hunting in a great spot with your favorite winchester...you can say to me if I am still alive...dam bluesman was right ..I still can hunt and use my traditional hunting firearm. And if the government takes them away, you can call me up and rip me a new one. By Bluesman

Bluesman are you for real what do you think this government is doing right now and has been since it got in power you need to wake up. Much more of this and there will be nothing left of Canada for descent honest people it will be split between the government & criminals on second thoughts only the criminals since from what I see they are both the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!