Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Pay attention to the uppers and ACCESSORIES part !! This includes mags also.... rifles use AR mags .... this is way deeper than just a ban...
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoShot View Post
    I notice the CBC story on this states the following in paragraph 11.

Some of the firearms being prohibited are currently classified as "non-restricted" — mostly firearms like shotguns — meaning licensed owners do not have to register them with the police. (The long-gun registry was abolished by the previous Conservative government.)

I don't see any shotguns listed in the official list put out by the federal government, am I missing something or is this just a mistake made by the CBC?
    Never mind, I wrote the CBC and they removed this paraagraph from their story.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoShot View Post
    Never mind, I wrote the CBC and they removed this paraagraph from their story.
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Arrow Re: hot off the press

This action is an overly-expensive, do-nothing piece of legislation, produced ENTIRELY to cater to the anti's votes and nothing else.
    At a time when our public coffers are being rapidly drained, it is incredibly foolish to proceed with it now.
    But, there were the warm bodies to make hay on, and trust the liberals never to miss out on such an "opportunity".

Interestingly, Trudeau and Blair backed off substantially in their plans.
    Instead of outright bans & confiscation, they are offering two year amnesties for all concerned, a choice between "grandfathering" (you keep the firearm in question until you die, then surrender to government) or surrender now for a below cost offering from the feds.

Interesting in that these actions are pretty well guaranteed to tick off folks on both sides to the equation. The owners are incensed for being taken to task for actions they are in no way even remotely related to. While the anti's are already screaming Blue Murder that This Does Not Go Far Enough.

Another point of interest is that Trudeau announced this "Will not effect First Nations who utilize these firearms for hunting purposes". Bizarre. On one hand no-one needs any of those scary rifles listed to hunt with. But... the poor FN's get to keep them just for that purpose? There are a few areas I can immediately think of that recognize their local FN gangs are not using their AK's for "hunting purposes"...

In his haste to capitalize on our latest tragedy, Trudeau may very well have shot himself in the foot as all concerned are left shaking their heads at his blatant politicizing of such atrocious events.

Time will tell, but this extremely poorly thought out and imposed (OIC) legislation is perhaps headed towards the same end as the ill fated Firearm Registration Program imposed by another set of liberals in a previous lifetime...

I'll be ticking the Grandfather Box, and doing what I can to fight this BS in as many arenas as possible.

In a way it almost would have been preferred to see outright bans and confiscation. We had a plan, a way to fight that which would have cost them dearly. Now, we have to rethink these issues and determine another route. Greater minds than mine are already at that task...

In the meantime I desperately hope the Conservatives get their shit together SOON!
    We need them to flip this BS after the next election.
    Certainly wish Pierre Poilievre were going to be leading that charge...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Question:

Can each province revert to their own control laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    The full list, in my google drive since the goverment site seems to be having some slight traffic issues atm, lol: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1su...AxTNUeBWcn6Pnl
    Thank you.....
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

I can’t believe that this ban excludes natives... ( of course I believe) in the same article goes on to say you can’t shoot down a bear with an AR but it’s traditional for natives

^^^^were all native aren't we? Letters being made shortly here for my local member of parliament as well as for the PMs office...

First Nations are not exempt from the newly banned list . Trudeau said that traditional hunting rifles are exempt as we will still have them as part of our hunting heritage and First Nations hunting heritage . Basically saying that hunting guns are not part of the plan . But the named guns are banned to all people including FN .

As far as I understand it they need to ban them individually by name and not classification to pass this through an order in council and not go through legislation, such as if they wanted to ban an entire classification of firearm (semi automatic). The narrow scope of their list definitely shows their intentions with this current ban. If by chance he gets elected in again then he'll really get on the banned wagon
    Last edited by theoutdoorsman; 05-01-2020 at 09:14 PM.