Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    I am a man of integrity and it appears I am wrong..all you on here who want to rip me a new one..have at it.

I just read that Blair is banning some type of shotguns and some hunting rifles...it may indeed be the tip of the iceberg .

I am not a delusional person , I trusted GOVT ONCE and am being shown it was foolish .

My Apologies to all on this site in this matter.

Common sense is not being used and I am guessing there was no consultation with experts who could inform these idiots and yup I have to use the word idiots..
    on which firearms should be considered for banning.

When your leader (who as I always said I think is our worst in history . At least I got that right.) lies by saying the hunting rifles and shotguns wil not be prohibited and starts doing it in a bold face lie I am shown to be a trusting fool.
    No need to rip you a new one. You realize that you were wrong and have stated so. Good on you. It takes a person of some integrity to admit when he is wrong, something our idiot PM has never learned. You think he would have learned the lesson by now seeing he is wrong so often.

A drunk driving a car can do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    pg83 wrote:

"And it is being done(and has always been) by both sides."

I think a lot of people think this - that is, that there are two sides.

There isn't.

There are 3.

First are firearms owners, who a a result of legislation and personal interest tend to be more educated about firearms and more familiar with current regulations.

Second are people who don't like guns, fear guns or both. There is no requirement for them to know much about the regulations or firearms. Some may be well informed, but most are not. (This is why you can ask the two sharp questions: 1) do you know what the current rules are? 2) If you don't know what the current rules are, how do you know that we need more of them?)

For what it's worth these two groups can argue until the end of time and never agree. No big deal. What's more, neither group really benefits from the argument or any solution to the argument.

And then there is group number 3. That group misleads, misinforms and divides citizens, friends and family. You've seen that division happen this past few days as you see your FB friends cheer the confiscation of your private property for no good reason.

A guy who has appeared multiple times in blackface (and made himself the victim), been accused of inappropriate sexual behaviour, has a history of cultural appropriation, has some fairly serious ethical breaches under his belt, and who has a history of saying some really stupid things, and who finds himself hanging on to power with a minority government that looks, for all intents and purposes, to be run by his second in command, has mislead, misrepresented and divided.

And what does he get? A lot of renewed support from group 2.

Anyway, that's my read. I think it's important to understand that there aren't two sides to this.

There's three.

And two of the groups really haven't done much wrong.

(to be fair to pg83, he clearly see what the Libs are up to).
    Well said Rob. I should have chosen my wording better with regards to "both sides of the fence".

I think it is important to point out for anyone who didn't catch it that your third group of misinformants is made of folks from either side of the fence(in this case political). We have more than a few on this site who qualify and they are indeed proving this to be correct in this thread among many others.

We are fortunate to live in a time where information is more readily available than it has ever been before, but we still need to have the individual ability to sift through all the BS to find our own truth.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Is Trump Pro Gun ? Yes he Is! Is Rebel Media Pro Gun? Yes they are! This thread is about? Hillary will be going to jail or hung for HIGH treason...
    Trump is pro anything that suits his own interests. I new you'd welch on our bet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Trump is pro anything that suits his own interests. I new you'd welch on our bet anyways.
    Lol did we set a time limit ? Where are you situated I will come drop off a 15 pack of lucky for you...
    please explain to everyone here how being pro gun suites Trumps interests ?

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    but the max diameter of the bore would be 358 based on a legal(?) definition of how to measure the bore...you are observing a flaw in the definition and that flaw is open to legal interpretation...for the government to just say "that's not what I meant" doesn't cut it!! IMHO
    Ultimately, this is a lot like the controversy over permanent barrel extensions on M1 Carbines back in the late '70's. I did a ton of them. I received a call from the firearms office of the RCMP telling me to desist; I declined. The government lawyer told me it was his opinion that they would win if it went to court. I told him his opinion didn't count. I said I would be travelling a total of eighty miles, every day for the next week, with one of these rifles in the car, with my extension in place. I invited them to charge me and arrest me. I gave them the route and the times and called every day for the week to remind them. Nothing happened and I continued to perform the same alteration for the next ten years or so, by which time the market dried up. If the government wants to try and pull this crap again, I'll counterbore a 308 barrel to 20mm and invite the RCMP to charge me and take me to court. I'm willing to bet they will, once again, decline to do so. GD

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Lol did we set a time limit ? Where are you situated I will come drop off a 15 pack of lucky for you...
    please explain to everyone here how being pro gun suites Trumps interests ?
    No I inadvertently didn't set a time limit but I realized after, you'd use that to weasle out. It's a Trump kinda thing to do LOL. I don't drink. Your offering beer now is only self serving. Your a fake. Share your beer at the next pajama party up in the Highlands, I'm sure your all going into withdrawal.

Trump is pro-gun: for one he might like guns, his spawn does, but mainly he wants the powerful NRA on his side. . . . but you know that, with your "big brain" and all.

I don't want to derail this tread but I find it really hard to understand why so many are anti Trump. All he has done is look out for America & Americans of course that is what a leader of a country is supposed to do when elected at least that's what I thought.

Whats the Turd done for Canadians? Other than turn a once thriving country respected around the world into a joke and an embarrassment. Oh wait he legalized weed but failed to bring in the laws to cope with impaired driving so instead brought in new laws far more draconian, made multiple attempts to seize power as part of this pandemic, is now seizing guns with an OIC because he can. SNC do I need to go on.

I know who I would rather have as a leader especially leading us out of this economic dumpster that he has created

^^^^I agree....much of the hate against Trump is because much of the media is left-leaning and portray Trump as evil person , and the sheeple fall for it...

If Trump would know when to keep his mouth shut the evil media wouldn't have any ammunition. The media can use actual Trump quotes and footage to bury him. His lies are obvious. It's undeniable, yet foolish to ignore. Yet some people still do.