Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    greydog

I don't think I have mentioned banning semi auto guns...just guns capable of more than five rounds. A semi auto with 5 rounds is a legit hunting gun as long as it is the right length etc... if I have ...show me the quote... but pretty sure I didn't. If I did mentioned them and the way it was written it it looked like that... that was not my intention...I don't think I did but don't want to reread all the posts. Got no problem with semi auto hunting guns with five rounds. Personally I don't want one . I like the bolt action I have and my ruger #1's . I have hunted for 45 years and never needed more than two shots. but I practiced a lot with firearms when i was a kid and like to think I am fairly proficient. Few years ago after not hunting with a rifle for 15 years (bowhunting) I entered a shooting competition with my good friend and his encouragement with some serious shooters and still placed in the middle of the pack . Had a 1.78 inch grouping of five shots at 200 yards with a standard hunting rifle. It was a Ruger number 1 in .308 Beautiful gun and nice wood grain.
    i think you guys think I am some kind of right wing liberal .LOL nope....just a guy who thinks this is not the tip of the iceberg. As said hope i'm wrong.

there's an old saying ..when guns are outlawed..only outlaws will have guns...its true.... but are we heading there now ? I don't think so.
    See here is where the problem lies!!!!
    There are no legal centerfire rifles in Canada that can legally have a magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds.
    All the guns that were banned this week were limited to 5 round mag capacity.
    They are no different from the rifle you hunt with, except they may have more plastic in the stock!
    Some of these guns were restricted, you had to have an RPAL to possess. but a great deal of them were none restricted hunting rifles.
    Not one was anymore dangerous than the rifle your grandpa used to fill the freezer.

And don't kid yourself, the liberals have said they want a ban like New Zealand. There pump and lever actions were banned. The venerable Cooey Model 60 .22 was banned!
    It's only a matter of time before you will be saying "but, but, but, you can't take my hunting rifle"!

sam

I have already signed a petition. Hopefully when the opposition can sit we will get this all changed. Thanks for accepting my apologizes.

On those who are hinging their hopes on the promises of politicians, look at this clip from 2010 where a much younger Justin Trudeau said he wasn't going to ban any guns in response to a question asking him to defend registration.

".. by making guns a thing we can track. The fear is that this is a first step toward registering your guns is just the first step toward taking away guns. That's never going to happen because here in Canada we have a culture that has grown up with guns and respects the need to go out to the wilderness and shoot things from time to time."

To all you closet Liberals out there that hate Trump and the Rebel media must be because they are both PRO GUNS! Oh please tell me again that the Rebel is Fake news, you know who you are and Ive drawn a line in the sand you are not my friends and I dont like you Ive put up with your Liberal crap for long enough.

What does the above have to do with knowing Trump is shit and anybody that still thinks he's for the regular guy is an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    That business about the threaded barrel turning a 12 gauge into a 10 is pure BS and shows how some can misinterpret if they want to. If I counter bore my 308 for two inches at the muzzle, that will not turn it into a 358. Let's not be foolish. GD
    but the max diameter of the bore would be 358 based on a legal(?) definition of how to measure the bore...you are observing a flaw in the definition and that flaw is open to legal interpretation...for the government to just say "that's not what I meant" doesn't cut it!! IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    What does the above have to do with knowing Trump is shit and anybody that still thinks he's for the regular guy is an idiot?
    Lots you anti gun liberals pretending to be pro gun make me sick, so Im done explaining anything to you, you can all fac off....

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Lots you anti gun liberals pretending to be pro gun make me sick, so Im done explaining anything to you, you can all fac off....
    Trying to slip in some of your pro Trump agenda into another completely unrelated issue. Hmmm. There's a word for that. Hey, when's Hillary going to jail? Probably after me because apparently I'm automatically a criminal now.

Bluesman glad you are aboard.

This is not just about guns it is about democracy and due process.

All Canadians need to stand together to save our country, we are Canadians not subjects of a post national state.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    Trying to slip in some of your pro Trump agenda into another completely unrelated issue. Hmmm. There's a word for that. Hey, when's Hillary going to jail? Probably after me because apparently I'm automatically a criminal now.
    Is Trump Pro Gun ? Yes he Is! Is Rebel Media Pro Gun? Yes they are! This thread is about? Hillary will be going to jail or hung for HIGH treason...