Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Any repeating rifle can be made to hold more than five rounds. Hell, I have two lee Enfields which hold ten and, given a day to accomplish the conversion, I can have a 223 which holds thirty.
    While you may not have mentioned banning semi-auto rifles, that is precisely what the government is doing and you have stated your support for the Liberal Party's action in this regard.
    Anyone who believes civilians do not deserve to be as well armed as the military and police is a person who believe the people should be servants of the government and controlled by the military and police.
    You say we will never be "taken over by government". By this I assume you mean we will always have freedom of self determination, freedom of movement, freedom of association, freedom to gather or worship but wait, the government is limiting those freedoms right now! Don't tell me they would never do it.
    If mental illness is a reality, why not try to deal with the mental illness rather than penalize the rest of society because a small minority is mentally ill? I can tell you why. It is because the majority are peaceful and law abiding; up to a point.GD

Great post grey dog
    Member of CCFR

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/can...ates-1.5553689

Have a read for those who think that their “hunting rifles” are safe.

Hunting rifles and handguns

The report suggests intimacy and rurality increase the risk of femicide for women and girls, which raises questions about licensed long guns.

"In the murder of women, we most often see hunting rifles used, because they are ready [at] hand in an escalating situation often," said Dale.
    "Additionally, we see the rates of domestic violence much higher in rural areas … and that's where we see those guns."

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup/can...ates-1.5553689

Have a read for those who think that their “hunting rifles” are safe.

Hunting rifles and handguns

The report suggests intimacy and rurality increase the risk of femicide for women and girls, which raises questions about licensed long guns.

"In the murder of women, we most often see hunting rifles used, because they are ready [at] hand in an escalating situation often," said Dale.
    "Additionally, we see the rates of domestic violence much higher in rural areas … and that's where we see those guns."
    Horsey girls are more likely to get shot than cat women?

No surprise there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Hunting partner sent me the following:

Want to stop drunk drivers from killing sober drivers: ban sober drivers from driving. That's how gun control works.

So is our sissy boy getting his orders from China, and this is the reason they are making their move now?
    We know China wants war and why would they not attack while their enemy is sick with a virus they created ?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ch...virus-backlash

Many have stated that it seems like every 100 years or so a major world wide event takes place usually not a good one !
    We have Covid already creating havoc . Hope this does not lead to a war !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

China wouldn't stand a chance against the USA unless it was on Chinese ground. That is assuming that the USA would come running to help weaker nations, which in this day and age is not guaranteed. Depends on what deals buddy boy is willing to make with his friends. Doubt he wants China being his neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    China wouldn't stand a chance against the USA unless it was on Chinese ground. That is assuming that the USA would come running to help weaker nations, which in this day and age is not guaranteed. Depends on what deals buddy boy is willing to make with his friends. Doubt he wants China being his neighbour.
    He is a Globalist and they are in bed with China, our POS has praised China on many occasions.

For those not concerned because the current ban doesn't affect most hunting rifles, have a read of this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...s_coming_next/

"They know that a ban on hunting rifles and shotguns will have very bad optics, but they feel they will be able to get away with central storage. The argument will be made that if the gun isn't readily available, it can save the lives of women and those who might re-think their suicide if they don't have their firearm handy, while not infringing on the rights of hunters by banning their firearms."

"I've also heard some rumblings about modifying the requirements for a PAL or RPAL. They will want you to prove that you are either a hunter or a sport shooter. "

Obviously it's Reddit and could just be someone talking crap, so please weigh that with what you're reading.