Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Pauly= part of the problem. If only one life is saved? There's a phrase from the bleeding heart handbook. Just for the fun of it, how about telling us about the many times that firearms restrictions saved a life. Let us hear about the times a potential killer said to himself, "Wait a minute, it's illegal to use this prohibited handgun. I had better not shoot my fellow drrug dealer today!"
    The thing is, the very act of attempting to disarm the population, shows the disdain the government has for the citizen. It is the government who cannot be trusted to have these guns; not the citizens. The latest mass murder was caused more by ineptitude than the availability of any sort of gun. It happened because a nutcase was allowed to carry out his plan. It was exacerbated because the protectors chose not to inform the public.
    Perhaps, guys like Pauly are happy to have their Liberal government make all their decisions for them but I am not. GD

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    The new laws won't save a single life. Not one. They may even cause real human harm as Canadians in the firearms industry lose their jobs or face true financial hardship.

The big picture is frightening. Here is how my friend Jay put it:

I am not sure that Canadians understand what just happened... Nor the significance of it! A minority fed gov just used a legislative hammer (OIC) to enact law without debate in Parliament. Future fed govs will now point to this example and conduct themselves accordingly. Democracy is dead

Furthermore, people who either agree with how the OIC was used yesterday, or are okay with it being used in that manner because it targeted firearms which they don't like, are definitely missing the big picture that precedence was set & further debate on issues in Parliament and the passage of future law, is an unnecessary bother.

So what's the next government going to do via OIC? Something you don't like maybe? Maybe they ban abortion. Or ban marijuana. Maybe seize some of your property.?

Wanna ban guns then they should have a ban on abortion, that will get the lefts panties all twisted up..

They should ban bicycles. More people killed on those every year. I just don't see a reason why we NEED those in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    They should ban bicycles. More people killed on those every year. I just don't see a reason why we NEED those in this country.
    bicycles are harmless - they don’t kill people. Now sports cars on the other hand! They don’t have any mag/throttle restrictions and are designed to cover the greatest distance in the shortest amount of time which has absolutely no legal civilian need- right? Ban the sports cars! LOL!

We need to be able to vote “none of the above” and force ongoing elections until someone worth voting for actually runs! It’s the only way we can stop the politics of that career choice and get back to the service of our country that the politicians should actually be focused on. Political self-preservation is all any of our options are concerned with these days... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    The big picture is frightening. Here is how my friend Jay put it:
    I am not sure that Canadians understand what just happened... Nor the significance of it! A minority fed gov just used a legislative hammer (OIC) to enact law without debate in Parliament. Future fed govs will now point to this example and conduct themselves accordingly. Democracy is dead
    Furthermore, people who either agree with how the OIC was used yesterday, or are okay with it being used in that manner because it targeted firearms which they don't like, are definitely missing the big picture that precedence was set & further debate on issues in Parliament and the passage of future law, is an unnecessary bother.
    So what's the next government going to do via OIC? Something you don't like maybe? Maybe they ban abortion. Or ban marijuana. Maybe seize some of your property.?
    THIS!!! Very well put!

Pauly:

No disrespect intended - just a reasonable critique.

" Freeland made it very clear that hunters rights would not be infringed upon."

They passed an order in council without debate that takes immediate effect.

It's not going to stop many, if any, illegal gun traffic.

It will (and has) cement a great deal of support for the LPC among their base and perhaps grab them some ne adherents.

It's not an attempt to come up with a reasonable, effective and efficient solution to whatever the problem is.

There are no real definitions -

-Is the problem mass shootings? Any shooting? Any loss of life by firearm? Not defined.
    -What are "military style" rifles? What are "assault weapons"? Again, no real definition.
    -What is the goal and why is it a good one? Again, not explained or defined.

I'm pretty sure that if I had a reasonable basis for the outright ban or currently legal private property I could certainly convince, for example, Gateholio, of why it should go forward, and if the basis was actually reasonable I bet I'd get some support from him.

Given than, I'm really certain that if I had a reasonable position and I were, say, the PM, I could debate it in public, in long form, and make my case.

Instead we see a tragic shooting, immediately followed by predictions that JT will exploit the situation to advance his political agenda, followed by JT doing exactly that (that list was in the desk drawer for a long time, let's face it), and it's all done without any debate.

That's a law passed but executive order, not by a legislature, and that is simply wrong.

The fact that it's so widely cheered is equally disturbing.

Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    It’s funny how I get labeled a troll for having an opinion yet I’ve never accused any one on this site for being a troll and having an opinion and believe me theirs lots of trolls on this site. I first joined to give out hunting info and got trolled immediately.. so you know what I’ll give you guys a taste of your own medicine and from what I’m seeing you can dish it out but you certainly can’t take it
    typical liberal drool... you’re a TROLL through and through... just a anti looking for nuggets dressed up as a FUDD...
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Look I’m not saying I’m not concerned I’m saying at this point we have nothing to worry about when it comes to hunting and hunting fire arms and any riffle especially my 7 mm can be considered a sniper riffle. I get your point I really do I’ve owned more than a few of the arms listed on the banned list. Freeland made it very clear that hunters rights would not be infringed upon. I also realize that all these nasty crimes are committed with us imports but I’m of the opinion that these weapons have no practical use in society.. just my opinion it certainly doesn’t mean I want our hunting rights infringed upon. The world has bigger issues right now I always kept my ar for a cut and run gun because I’m a prepper big time! But truth be told if the shit hits the fan I don’t want to be blasting away to protect my water and food what’s the point in the end guns aren’t going to save us. I used to just like you guys but I’ve had a change of heart I’m sick of seeing mass murder on the news and if these new laws even prevent one person from dying then I’m all in. Sorry
    So you're happy to throw other shooters under the bus so long as you personally aren't affected? Down the road when this Liberal scourge bans all firearms I will gain some very small bit of spiteful satisfaction knowing that those such as yourself also get to suffer and get what you asked for while all my legally possessed guns(at least the ones they know of) are taken from me even though I have committed no crime.

You are very naive if you think this is going to do a thing to prevent crime. Ever follow the war on drugs? Banning those outright sure seemed to make the problem go away didn't it? The issue with this whole thing is that it targets legal and responsible gun owners without doing anything meaningful to address the real issues that lead to gun crime. You seem like an intelligent guy, I'd hope you can look past your obvious bias and see the truth. This is a clear attack on legal gun owners under the guise of public safety, but only those that are completely ignorant of gun laws and statistics from gun crimes are actually gullible enough to believe it.

Should add that if you're going use that tired line of "if it just saves one life", then I expect you're out actively campaigning to abolish tobacco and alcohol consumption, banning both of those would actually appreciably move the needle on preventing unnecessary loss of life, unlike this complete B.S. law passed by Trudeau and his henchman Blair(who for the record was previously Chief of Police in Toronto, where you know, the majority of gun crime in the country is committed with illegally obtained guns).
    Last edited by Iron Sighted; 05-02-2020 at 02:51 PM.

I feel .223/5.56mm is a great caliber for target shooting and the carbine style is great to shoot, easy to clean, service and is durable. My son likes it cause it's bigger than .22 but doesn't kick as the larger calibers, so for our range days together it's perfect. Also the ammunition is cheaper being a nato based round lots and lots produced.

I feel it's absolutely ridiculous I'll be "illegally" owning this firearm in two years, we took the courses (me long long ago) paid taxes on the purchase etc etc. Sure looks to me like page 59/60 is granting "The Amnesty Order" for some folks, what the heck is actually going on here! We all know anything in the wrong hands, used with bad intentions can cause harm, guns, baseball bats, rocks... I would hope for a government to focus on prevention and enforcement towards those with the "wrong hands and bad intentions" not knee jerk legislation penalizing law abiding citizens. Stay on this path all we'll be allowed to do is finger paint and pick flower in another decade.

Blah blah blah I don’t care, your paranoid !! Your the fringe minority who needs auto weapons to hunt? I got rid of my ar a few months ago I never used it any how now it’s someone else’s problem. By the way I have more riffles and shotguns than I can shoot in a year and I’m an avid re loader so don’t lecture me! Hand guns and auto weapons are for law enforcement and military they have no practical use for hunting. If you don’t like our laws quit whining and move to the states BY Pauly

And here lies the problem its not my problem so I don't care.

Ban should be by democracy not by a fascist dictator which is exactly what we have with the turd.

Its not just about guns its about the erosion of rights and freedoms and some of you are just too f******g STUPID TO SEE IT