Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    I can’t believe that this ban excludes natives...
    I find it sad that they exclude indigenous people from the order while also (page 63) cite that “indigenous persons are victims of homicides involving firearms” (far more)

so one of the reasons cited is to protect indigenous people from disproportionately being victims of gun crime but they don’t get into the fact that most of those homicides were indigenous on indigenous crimes!

i feel for the rural residents - especially in areas were indigenous rural crime is rampant - I hope the rural crowd doesn’t see an increase in crime. And even the Nova Scotia shooting - 25mins to respond! I sure bet one of those victims wishes they had access to an AR when that asshole with his firearms ban and illegally obtained firearms (some from the US where this order would have no effect) came along.

Citing Nova Scotia as a reason for a gun ban is great for a legal challenge BECAUSE it’s hard to defend an order in council that was due, in their own rationale, to a case that would not have been impacted by this order in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by shottyshooter View Post
    I find it sad that they exclude indigenous people from the order while also (page 63) cite that “indigenous persons are victims of homicides involving firearms” (far more)

so one of the reasons cited is to protect indigenous people from disproportionately being victims of gun crime but they don’t get into the fact that most of those homicides were indigenous on indigenous crimes!

i feel for the rural residents - especially in areas were indigenous rural crime is rampant - I hope the rural crowd doesn’t see an increase in crime. And even the Nova Scotia shooting - 25mins to respond! I sure bet one of those victims wishes they had access to an AR when that asshole with his firearms ban and illegally obtained firearms (some from the US where this order would have no effect) came along.

Citing Nova Scotia as a reason for a gun ban is great for a legal challenge BECAUSE it’s hard to defend an order in council that was due, in their own rationale, to a case that would not have been impacted by this order in any way.
    Agreed. Well written and thoughtful post. Thanks
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Now the natives can protest and block tracks with fully auto riffles.. nice turdo is such a dick
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

He banned them by names of variants to get the numbers up ..it is a political move.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Where does it end now? People I’m in contact with say it’s just a “machine gun ban” doesn’t effect hunting. But I don’t see it as so. I’m furious with this new ban. I don’t believe it will stop with just this. How can we be proactive in changing people’s minds that don’t know any better? “Sheeple” see guns and automatically think they are bad. When I think of these mass shootings I think of the person behind the gun that’s obviously not right in the head. We need to get Trudeau out ASAP.

It won’t affect hunting.. don’t worry about that however I do believe their will be a magazine capacity limit no doubt

They will never take hunting riffles and shotguns away.. hunting brings in big dollars and not only that if they tried to confiscate hunting riffles that is the one thing that would cause mass protests nobody would stand for it and they know it

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    They will never take hunting riffles and shotguns away.. hunting brings in big dollars and not only that if they tried to confiscate hunting riffles that is the one thing that would cause mass protests nobody would stand for it and they know it
    About 15 years ago some guy would of said this same you just did about the guns that were announced to be banned today

I don’t care about the weapons banned by turdo they are not for hunting any how so let it go and get used of it nothing is going to change it now
    Your a firearm owner. You should be concerned. The 'oh well it's not gonna harm me' mentality is exactly why we are losing so much ground with hunting in general and now firearms.

I don’t care about the weapons banned by turdo they are not for hunting any how so let it go and get used of it nothing is going to change it now
    If you believe this, you need to take up some other form of recreation. You don't deserve to own firearms or hunt. You should probably look for some real estate back in the GTA where you will feel right at home. GD