Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

wow...good on ya bluesman..it is the semi educated (pun intended) that come from hunting/shooting/law enforcement backgrounds that often add to public misinformation by interjecting opinion into facts about gun control. When the failed long gun registry came along I had to shake my head at how many people with granpa's shotgun in their attic said how they were gonna "get rid of it"...I actually managed to pick up a wingmaster 870 for 50 bucks...I can only imagine how many of these guns were "flushed out" and onto the streets as a consequence of the imposed registry. now the Same thing will occur with these semi autos and we can thank these miscreants in office for a crap load of semi auto rifles getting flushed out. it will accomplish the opposite of the stated intent

I got this email from gunnutz (i don't frequent the forum):

CanadianGunNutz

Legal experts have just determined the OIC issued last Friday has effectively rendered all 12ga and 10ga shotguns, as well as many common big game rifles, ILLEGAL. Please see the release by CSAAA, a trade organization of Canadian firearms businesses. The OIC has essentially outlawed 99% bird hunting and shotgun deer hunting! Retailers are advised to stop the sale of all 12ga and 10ga shotguns, and many large game hunting rifles.

If you google 12 gauge diameter, it comes up as 18.5mm, not 20 ..... so where are they getting that 12gauge guns are prohibited now?
    I'm seeing this on instagram as well, and i don't get it.

What am i missing here?

Arrow Re: hot off the press

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    What am i missing here?
    Back up two posts to # 180...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

link in post 180

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Back up two posts to # 180...
    diameter with chokes removed!? If chokes were installed from the factory, would you really run into any trouble while having them in?

Any cops on here that can chime in whether this is something that would be enforced to quite that level?

I mean, are there guns out there that fail to satisfy the minimum length requirements if, for example, the recoil pad is removed from the end of the gun? Would you be in trouble, because it could POTENTIALLY be under the minimum length, even though it came with a recoil pad from the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I got this email from gunnutz (i don't frequent the forum):

CanadianGunNutz

Legal experts have just determined the OIC issued last Friday has effectively rendered all 12ga and 10ga shotguns, as well as many common big game rifles, ILLEGAL. Please see the release by CSAAA, a trade organization of Canadian firearms businesses. The OIC has essentially outlawed 99% bird hunting and shotgun deer hunting! Retailers are advised to stop the sale of all 12ga and 10ga shotguns, and many large game hunting rifles.

If you google 12 gauge diameter, it comes up as 18.5mm, not 20 ..... so where are they getting that 12gauge guns are prohibited now?
    I'm seeing this on instagram as well, and i don't get it.

What am i missing here?

This may not apply to every single shotgun out there, but generally speaking, if they are threaded out they would exceed 20mm and would now be illegal. It does not(generally) apply to fixed choke 10 and 12 gauge shotguns(as per your google search regarding diameters).

People tend to make a mess of things when power is involved by using targeted wording to provoke an emotional response that will suit their own opinions/desires/needs/whatever. This is true no matter which side of the fence you are on. And it is being done(and has always been) by both sides.

My biggest issue with this whole thing is not the specific guns on the list(it seems far too poorly designed to take seriously tbh), but how it all came to pass in the first place. Using the OIC to circumvent normal democratic proceedings for this was a mistake on the Liberals part in my opinion. It has its place in governance, but this wasn't it and I hope it bites them in the ass. This was simply a political maneuver to "prove" to the Liberal supporters that their (minority)government is acting upon its campaign promises...

Oh, and just maybe it was designed to divide us all a little further... you know... United we stand, divided we fall
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

pg83 wrote:

"And it is being done(and has always been) by both sides."

I think a lot of people think this - that is, that there are two sides.

There isn't.

There are 3.

First are firearms owners, who a a result of legislation and personal interest tend to be more educated about firearms and more familiar with current regulations.

Second are people who don't like guns, fear guns or both. There is no requirement for them to know much about the regulations or firearms. Some may be well informed, but most are not. (This is why you can ask the two sharp questions: 1) do you know what the current rules are? 2) If you don't know what the current rules are, how do you know that we need more of them?)

For what it's worth these two groups can argue until the end of time and never agree. No big deal. What's more, neither group really benefits from the argument or any solution to the argument.

And then there is group number 3. That group misleads, misinforms and divides citizens, friends and family. You've seen that division happen this past few days as you see your FB friends cheer the confiscation of your private property for no good reason.

A guy who has appeared multiple times in blackface (and made himself the victim), been accused of inappropriate sexual behaviour, has a history of cultural appropriation, has some fairly serious ethical breaches under his belt, and who has a history of saying some really stupid things, and who finds himself hanging on to power with a minority government that looks, for all intents and purposes, to be run by his second in command, has mislead, misrepresented and divided.

And what does he get? A lot of renewed support from group 2.

Anyway, that's my read. I think it's important to understand that there aren't two sides to this.

There's three.

And two of the groups really haven't done much wrong.

(to be fair to pg83, he clearly see what the Libs are up to).
    Last edited by Rob Chipman; 05-05-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

bluesman
    Your integrity is refreshing to see, thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    I am a man of integrity and it appears I am wrong..all you on here who want to rip me a new one..have at it.

I just read that Blair is banning some type of shotguns and some hunting rifles...it may indeed be the tip of the iceberg .

I am not a delusional person , I trusted GOVT ONCE and am being shown it was foolish .

My Apologies to all on this site in this matter.

Common sense is not being used and I am guessing there was no consultation with experts who could inform these idiots and yup I have to use the word idiots..
    on which firearms should be considered for banning.

When your leader (who as I always said I think is our worst in history . At least I got that right.) lies by saying the hunting rifles and shotguns wil not be prohibited and starts doing it in a bold face lie I am shown to be a trusting fool.
    Welcome to the party ! lets defend our rights to own guns and use them for all activities!
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

That business about the threaded barrel turning a 12 gauge into a 10 is pure BS and shows how some can misinterpret if they want to. If I counter bore my 308 for two inches at the muzzle, that will not turn it into a 358. Let's not be foolish. GD