Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Some .308 class bolt action target rifles and some of the more powerful dangerous game bolt action rifles are on this list.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    I used to just like you guys but I’ve had a change of heart I’m sick of seeing mass murder on the news and if these new laws even prevent one person from dying then I’m all in. Sorry
    The new laws won't save a single life. Not one. They may even cause real human harm as Canadians in the firearms industry lose their jobs or face true financial hardship.

The big picture is frightening. Here is how my friend Jay put it:

I am not sure that Canadians understand what just happened... Nor the significance of it! A minority fed gov just used a legislative hammer (OIC) to enact law without debate in Parliament. Future fed govs will now point to this example and conduct themselves accordingly. Democracy is dead

Furthermore, people who either agree with how the OIC was used yesterday, or are okay with it being used in that manner because it targeted firearms which they don't like, are definitely missing the big picture that precedence was set & further debate on issues in Parliament and the passage of future law, is an unnecessary bother.

So what's the next government going to do via OIC? Something you don't like maybe? Maybe they ban abortion. Or ban marijuana. Maybe seize some of your property.?

Last edited by Gateholio; 05-02-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    Give it a rest guys. Stop attacking each other . It is pointless and fruitless.. Put your energy to keeping our guns in our hands for legal,use.
    The last time I looked ,automatic assault style weapons were not hunting weapons used by the majority on this site.
    I have had a Ruger 10/22, it looks and works like a factory weapon because it is . Great gun but as we all know it can easily and cheaply be modified into an assault weapon that bears no resemblance to the original,go to grouse harvester.
    So the only reason to own firearms is for hunting? You don’t believe in plinking, target shooting, sport shooting competitions. As long as they leave your traditional looking hunting firearms you’re just going to look the other way. And putting a 10/22 into a black stock turns into an assault weapon and somehow makes it more dangerous than a stock 10/22 grouse getter? Geez......

one chip at a time off the old rock

Quote Originally Posted by gateholio View Post
    the new laws won't save a single life. Not one. They may even cause real human harm as canadians in the firearms industry lose their jobs or face true financial hardship.

The big picture is frightening. Here is how my friend jay put it:

i am not sure that canadians understand what just happened... Nor the significance of it! A minority fed gov just used a legislative hammer (oic) to enact law without debate in parliament. Future fed govs will now point to this example and conduct themselves accordingly. Democracy is dead

furthermore, people who either agree with how the oic was used yesterday, or are okay with it being used in that manner because it targeted firearms which they don't like, are definitely missing the big picture that precedence was set & further debate on issues in parliament and the passage of future law, is an unnecessary bother.

so what's the next government going to do via oic? Something you don't like maybe? Maybe they ban abortion. Or ban marijuana. Maybe seize some of your property.?

^^^^^^this

I am not sure that Canadians understand what just happened... Nor the significance of it!

Sad but true
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Blah blah blah I don’t care, your paranoid !! Your the fringe minority who needs auto weapons to hunt? I got rid of my ar a few months ago I never used it any how now it’s someone else’s problem. By the way I have more riffles and shotguns than I can shoot in a year and I’m an avid re loader so don’t lecture me! Hand guns and auto weapons are for law enforcement and military they have no practical use for hunting. If you don’t like our laws quit whining and move to the states
    This is inside the mind of a Communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
    I wonder if they'll include SKS
    I just went through the banned list, and amazingly, I don’t see any mention of SKS. Which is very strange given the two island dipshits among others to use them in high profile shootings.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    If you believe this, you need to take up some other form of recreation. You don't deserve to own firearms or hunt. You should probably look for some real estate back in the GTA where you will feel right at home. GD
    Everybody should put this jerk on ignore, he is a plant, he is only here to stir up shit.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Look I’m not saying I’m not concerned I’m saying at this point we have nothing to worry about when it comes to hunting.

I’m of the opinion that these weapons have no practical use in society. I’m sick of seeing mass murder on the news and if these new laws even prevent one person from dying then I’m all in. Sorry
    Pauly, I’m one of the VERY few that thinks you occasionally have a good point. That is not the case here. While I personally have no use for any of the banned firearms, I have a massive issue with the way in which the “laws” were tabled. Or not, as the case actually is. There has been exactly ZERO democratic process here. To think that Turdeau is going to stop here is naive at best.

If you are really worried aboutmaking Canada a safer, more law abiding country, you should see this as what it really is... A GIANT WASTE OF RESOURCES that would be infinitely better used in policing, education and health care. The only legally acquired firearms to be used in mass shootings recently were not even on the list! Only illegal ones. How is a new law going to help that?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.