Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: hot off the press

Re: hot off the press

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    No I inadvertently didn't set a time limit but I realized after, you'd use that to weasle out. It's a Trump kinda thing to do LOL. I don't drink. Your offering beer now is only self serving. Your a fake. Share your beer at the next pajama party up in the Highlands, I'm sure your all going into withdrawal.

Trump is pro-gun: for one he might like guns, his spawn does, but mainly he wants the powerful NRA on his side. . . . but you know that, with your "big brain" and all.
    I insist please let me know where you live I will come drop off a sack of beer or a box of Tim Horton’s coffee.. I would love to meat you.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    This action is an overly-expensive, do-nothing piece of legislation, produced ENTIRELY to cater to the anti's votes and nothing else.
    At a time when our public coffers are being rapidly drained, it is incredibly foolish to proceed with it now.
    But, there were the warm bodies to make hay on, and trust the liberals never to miss out on such an "opportunity".

Interestingly, Trudeau and Blair backed off substantially in their plans.
    Instead of outright bans & confiscation, they are offering two year amnesties for all concerned, a choice between "grandfathering" (you keep the firearm in question until you die, then surrender to government) or surrender now for a below cost offering from the feds.

Interesting in that these actions are pretty well guaranteed to tick off folks on both sides to the equation. The owners are incensed for being taken to task for actions they are in no way even remotely related to. While the anti's are already screaming Blue Murder that This Does Not Go Far Enough.

Another point of interest is that Trudeau announced this "Will not effect First Nations who utilize these firearms for hunting purposes". Bizarre. On one hand no-one needs any of those scary rifles listed to hunt with. But... the poor FN's get to keep them just for that purpose? There are a few areas I can immediately think of that recognize their local FN gangs are not using their AK's for "hunting purposes"...

In his haste to capitalize on our latest tragedy, Trudeau may very well have shot himself in the foot as all concerned are left shaking their heads at his blatant politicizing of such atrocious events.

Time will tell, but this extremely poorly thought out and imposed (OIC) legislation is perhaps headed towards the same end as the ill fated Firearm Registration Program imposed by another set of liberals in a previous lifetime...

I'll be ticking the Grandfather Box, and doing what I can to fight this BS in as many arenas as possible.

In a way it almost would have been preferred to see outright bans and confiscation. We had a plan, a way to fight that which would have cost them dearly. Now, we have to rethink these issues and determine another route. Greater minds than mine are already at that task...

In the meantime I desperately hope the Conservatives get their shit together SOON!
    We need them to flip this BS after the next election.
    Certainly wish Pierre Poilievre were going to be leading that charge...
    great share

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I insist please let me know where you live I will come drop off a sack of beer or a box of Tim Horton’s coffee.. I would love to meat you.
    You already have.

RCMP Deletes ‘Grandfathering’ Option From Web Page on Rifle Bans

The RCMP deleted the option for so-called “grandfathering” this week from its web page on the government’s mass rifle confiscations, igniting concern owners will face jail unless they surrender their guns within two years.

https://thegunblog.ca/2020/05/09/rcm...on-rifle-bans/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Thumbs up Re: hot off the press

Quite something when even your pet paid for media speaks out against your actions:

Latest gun control effort isn't merely a failure. It corrodes trust among Canadians

There is more than one way to look at the federal Liberal government's announcement of a ban on certain models of semi-automatic rifles: as illogical symbolism that will do nothing to advance public safety; as a waste of scarce public funds; as craven wedge politics.

Canadians who have followed a rigorous process to obtain a licence to purchase a firearm accept that the privilege of ownership can be revoked if it is poses an unreasonable danger. It is a far different thing to render their property unlawful for use simply so that the government can be seen to be doing something.

In short, the government is criminalizing some people's property not because it will make anyone safer, but because it can – because it knows that the political benefits far outweigh any loss in popularity among people who were probably not inclined to vote Liberal in the first place.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opin...tics-1.5556541
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    diameter with chokes removed!? If chokes were installed from the factory, would you really run into any trouble while having them in?

Any cops on here that can chime in whether this is something that would be enforced?
    I called the RCMP today and said “I’m taking my 12 gauge turkey hunting on Monday. Are you going to hassle me?” They directed me here:

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...ms-and-devices
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

The prime minister spoke about how every Canadian can remember the day they realized how “a man with a gun could irrevocably alter our lives for the worse.”
    It wasn't the man with a gun that changed thing things, it was the f77ing idiot P.M and the order in council.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ram View Post
    You already have.
    Seriously let me know where to drop the beer off... My inbox is empty..