Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear Kill & Cook

Re: Bear Kill & Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Anyone ever use the bear belly for bacon?
    yup i have done it with bear,geese,snd deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp celery seed
    1/4 cup paprika
    1 tsp chilli powder
    1 tsp red pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    2 tbs coarse salt
    1/2 cup brown sugar... mix well apply to whatever meat your using let sit up to two days
    for ribs preheat oven to 450f place ribs in pan add 3 to 5 cups of water cover with foil cook for 1/2 hour then reduce heat to 350f cook for 2 hours. Then slather with bbq sauce and cook 3 more hours. The amount of water used depends on the amount of ribs being done and you have the option to finish the last few hours in the bbq. Also this spice mix is wicked good on a deer or moose roast
    That sounds delicious I will definitely give it a go, when I get my first bear. Hopefully I should be out hunting midweek.. I just picked up a new 308 and need to mount a scope and sight her in. I normally only bow hunt but thought I better use a rifle on my first.. I will post up my progress here..

Thanks to everone who has posted, here’s a question how do you gut a bear?

Arrow Re: Bear Kill & Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    ... Thanks to everyone who has posted, here’s a question how do you gut a bear?
    No different than a deer. Many videos on YouTube.

Best of Luck Buddy!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I've found bears make terrible steaks, every time I've tried it the meat shrinks to half the size and doubles in thickness, taking forever to cook through.

Mix 50/50 bear and whitetail makes the most amazing burgers, meatballs, meatloaf, anything like that. Chuck a bear roast in the crock pot or instant pot with all your preferred fixings for a couple hours.

Did I mention pulled bear? It's like pulled pork but better. Much, much better.

[QUOTE=Hugh Mann;2171905]I've found bears make terrible steaks, every time I've tried it the meat shrinks to half the size and doubles in thickness, taking forever to cook through.

Mix 50/50 bear and whitetail makes the most amazing burgers, meatballs, meatloaf, anything like that. Chuck a bear roast in the crock pot or instant pot with all your preferred fixings for a couple hours.

Did I mention pulled bear? It's like pulled pork but better. Much, much better.[/QUOT

That sounds pretty good, thanks for posting..

So ended up getting a bear, boned it all out and plan on having a butcher make some pepperoni for me. Anyone know what the cost involved would be?