Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping mice and rats out of your hunting truck

Re: Keeping mice and rats out of your hunting truck

basically what i was told was the air movement they do not like. as well as no shelter to speak off. it does work let me tell u. forgot to once"dumbass"
    looked like a eagles nest. other campsites garbage etc. yell over to my bud's. they looked and all ran back to their rigs, popping hoods, that part was funny. ended up chewing thru my brake sensor thing ma bob. brake light and abs light now always on in the dash.

have also heard about a fella who was the last guy to leave a lake. guess what.... ever since then i always make sure its not me.....

The irish spring has to be a fresh bar. Or they will eat it.
    These https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/recoche.../6000194854901 Thrown around and in compartments and nothing goes in there.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Go to your nearest farm store and get some packets of mice poison. They work wonders

When fishing up north we fill a 5 gallon bucket with 6” of water and a stick going up it, then a stick across through a skewered can with peanut butter. Leave beside truck.
    Last edited by Ride Red; 04-30-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlydick View Post
    basically what i was told was the air movement they do not like. as well as no shelter to speak off. it does work let me tell u. forgot to once"dumbass"
    looked like a eagles nest. other campsites garbage etc. yell over to my bud's. they looked and all ran back to their rigs, popping hoods, that part was funny. ended up chewing thru my brake sensor thing ma bob. brake light and abs light now always on in the dash.

have also heard about a fella who was the last guy to leave a lake. guess what.... ever since then i always make sure its not me.....
    This is what I understood too, opening the hood up allows for breezes to come in from all angles inside the engine bay and they simply look elsewhere for shelter.

I've had a problem in the bush with my truck that small rodents can get inside the cabin somehow. I'm assuming they're getting in through the firewall, but twice in the fall I've found in the morning that I've had toilet paper chewed on one occasion in my back seat, and a bag of Spitz ravaged overnight on a 2nd. I think I'll try the peanut butter bucket of water trick inside my damn truck.

Bait station near parking spot works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I had rats eat my wires on my 18 Rebel. Just under the ICBC deductible of $300, but the dealer sold me a 12v device that makes a high pitched noise and flashes lights, worked good so far? Wasn't cheap but I do see much cheaper ones online!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Was sitting around the fire mid day spring bear hunting a few years back. A buddy was telling me a story about a packrat getting into a guys engine while hunting. He went for a whiz and I was sitting there looking at my truck. Couldn't help myself, had to look. Popped the hood and had a fat packrat on my engine cover staring me right in the eyes. Couldn't believe it. Chased him around and couldnt get him. Rat trap snapped him right where we first met a day later. They can mess your wiring something fierce. We were a long way back and the truck just barely got us out in limp mode. Leave the hood open.

I cab send anybody some very stinky cat litter, vac packed and mailed to anybody that needs some just email the postal cost.

Lol. I just set traps outside to catch unknown rodents in my cabin. If you give them something preferable to your truck they’ll go there. Trap ‘em don’t try to dissuade them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Go to your nearest farm store and get some packets of mice poison. They work wonders

When fishing up north we fill a 5 gallon bucket with 6” of water and a stick going up it, then a stick across through a skewered can with peanut butter. Leave beside truck.
    Hopefully your not leaving the packets of poison out or the mice/rats you kill when you leave the area, and are taking it out with you so something else doesnt get into it.