Thread: Leaky Lowas

Threaded View

Leaky Lowas

The first pair of Lowa Tibet Gtx boots I bought leaked nearly right away. My second pair, are cracking and I have had them only a year. The leather is cracking on the inside of the front of the foot on both boots. I never put them directly by a heat source, I always use their conditioner product and their waterstop product so the leather is not drying out. I can't understand why else they would crack.

Unfortunately Lowa only offers a 1 year warranty and I am looking for information if there is something I can do to stop the cracking from continuing to worsen, and also suggestions on how seal them up so they don't leak at this point. I don't know why I have had bad luck with this brand, as I know other hunters have had Lowas for years and have been happy. I'm not in a position to buy new ones at the moment, but when I am it will most definitely be a different brand because Lowa hasn't really offered me any insight or help with this on even how to prevent it. I would just like to be able to get more use out of this pair, given the cost, before having to buy different boots and also learn if it is something I'm doing wrong that has been a costly mistake when it comes to boot treatment. If anyone has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated #bootslivesmatter

https://imgur.com/j3rUgzK
    Last edited by hparrott; 04-29-2020 at 06:30 AM.

2. Site Sponsor