Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rangefinder advice please

Re: Rangefinder advice please

Is $700 for an unused, in box Leica 1600-B a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpish View Post
    Is $700 for an unused, in box Leica 1600-B a good deal?
    Depending if taxes are included. With taxes included maybe, but again it is very out of date model.
    Until last fall you could find newer better Leica model 2400 for 699 CAD + taxes .
    I was just about to buy it but hesitated for a month or so and in meantime prices jumped 100 dollars up to 799.
    So I decided not to.
    Still Precision Optics list it under 699 but out of stock
    https://www.precisionoptics.net/Leic...46_p/40546.htm

Currently you can find it for 550 US Dollars or 617 US $ including taxes and duties for BC (free shipping to Canada).
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...rf_2400_r.html

My wife got sick of me humming and hawing and told me to buy the nice one and she would make it my birthday present. So I called Omer and have a new Leica 2400-R to play with. I hit a boat on the water at 1886 yards over the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Maglic View Post
    Depending if taxes are included. With taxes included maybe, but again it is very out of date model.
    Until last fall you could find newer better Leica model 2400 for 699 CAD + taxes .
    I was just about to buy it but hesitated for a month or so and in meantime prices jumped 100 dollars up to 799.
    So I decided not to.
    Still Precision Optics list it under 699 but out of stock
    https://www.precisionoptics.net/Leic...46_p/40546.htm

Currently you can find it for 550 US Dollars or 617 US $ including taxes and duties for BC (free shipping to Canada).
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...rf_2400_r.html

Precision optics has a few back in stock! I can confirm it works very well!

I've got the relatively inexpensive Vortex 850. I just use it when I'm bored. I guess the distance then check with the rangefinder. I usually guess well over the actual distance.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Hey guys, I’m looking to buy my first hunting rangefinder. My budget is $500 although I’m always looking for the best value/deal for my money.

Bushnell has a 30% rebate right now and I can get a Prime 1700 unit for less than $160 before tax.

The other choice I’m looking at is the Nikon Monarch 3000 stabilized which would go for $450 or so on sale as it’s been discontinued. Since it’s the only stabilized model available I wouldn’t mind snapping one up while I still can.

I’ve always been of the mindset to buy quality stuff the first time and I like the features of the Nikon but 40% total off the Bushnell makes a compelling case to try it out without much risk.

Does anyone have any input they could provide me?
    Spend $700, buy a Lieca,,,you will never regret it

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    i would get the furthest ranger you can afford.
    Even though you might not shoot something at 2000 yards, sometimes you want to know how far something is that you have to hike to.
    It's good to be able to know distance not just for shooting.

If you have $500 budget, spend it all.

thats it exactly

Hey guys, I’m looking to buy my first hunting rangefinder. My budget is $500 although I’m always looking for the best value/deal for my money.

Bushnell has a 30% rebate right now and I can get a Prime 1700 unit for less than $160 before tax.

The other choice I’m looking at is the Nikon Monarch 3000 stabilized which would go for $450 or so on sale as it’s been discontinued. Since it’s the only stabilized model available I wouldn’t mind snapping one up while I still can.

I’ve always been of the mindset to buy quality stuff the first time and I like the features of the Nikon but 40% total off the Bushnell makes a compelling case to try it out without much risk.

Does anyone have any input they could provide me?
    If you "cheap out" on your rangefinder you will regret it,,just like a cheap scope,,you get what you pay for,,,you may think you dont need a long range one,,but,,,suppose you see Mr Racknasty across the valley,,your not going to shoot 1000 yards but how do you know where you can shoot from,,a good rangefinder will tell you hes 1000 yards away,,and the big rock you need to sneak to is 650,,which will put you within range,,trust me,,I was on the path you are on at one point until I discover Leica rangefinders,,,I paid about $599 for mine, and I have hunted with lots of guys with lesser units, and everyone of them complain about their Bushnell's and their Vortex's,,,I have absolutely no complaints about my Leica

Buy a used Leica