Thread: Best Fletching Glue?

Best Fletching Glue?

Its been years since I built any arrows and I was never much good at getting the fletching securely attached. What is the best fletching glue... surely there must be new stuff that is better than the old stand-bys??
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best Fletching Glue?

I’ve used gorilla crazy glue with good success , making sure the shafts and fletching is cleaned (and dried )with alcohol swabs I found very important. Also note that crazy glue you have sitting in the drawer for the last couple of months or year is not nearly as effective as the new stuff you bought at the store. It has a shelf life.

Ten second set , less tendency to capillarity into feathers . On a six arrow Jo Jan , one continuous session produces six to go . Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

KMS branded super glue, extra thick. Spotted tip and rear with Fletch-tite.

If not used often. your super glue best before date may become an issue. This might be the reason that some glues don't work like they used too. I ran into this issue a couple years ago doing some arrow repairs for our youth archery club. Contacted the glue manufacturer and explained my problem and they got back to me with info that the batch number on the container was quite old and very generously sent me a new supply at no cost to the club.

Gorilla Glue Gel!
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I've stuck with Bohning Platinum Fletchtite over Bohning wraps using Bohning Blazer vanes. I never lose vanes with this combination, including in -40* weather as the Fletchtite doesn't get brittle. It is slower to make arrows with than super glue but the results are great and I don't go through a ton of arrows.

never had much luck with gorilla glue, but lepage brand gel super glue did the trick for me. I shoot wood arrows and typically crest with a rattle can. I always liked the original fletch-tite, not so hot on the "platinum" stuff. I have a friend that uses the quick set thick CA glue from Lee Valley. Carpenters use it for setting small trim work and such.

Also this stuff from FastCap:
    https://www.ultimatetools.ca/collect...dhesive-2-5-oz

Barring these suggestions, I did use fletch tape for a few years and had success with that, including a few trips to Haida Gwaii, no issues with weather and the tape holding fast to my 5 1/2" shields.

AAE Max bond and primer pen... Less is more..