Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tick season is upon us

Re: Tick season is upon us

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    You guys are tempting me to switch to Bravecto. It looks like it comes in a chewable tablet or the usual vial. What one are you guys using?
    I use the 3 month chewable tablet. My lab thinks they are treats!

[QUOTE=Dash;2170568]You guys are tempting me to switch to Bravecto. It looks like it comes in a chewable tablet or the usual vial. What one are you guys using?

The chew is easiest.

You guys are tempting me to switch to Bravecto. It looks like it comes in a chewable tablet or the usual vial. What one are you guys using?
    The chewable tablet
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Chewable bravecto, 3 month at a time. Going on 3 years no ticks, and Im talkin about the lower loops tic havens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Creek View Post
    Bravecto here as well, but .... and this is just my opinion .... the lepto shot is more important than the lyme vaccine if the dog is already on a tick protection medication.
    It’s my understanding that the Lepto virus is very area specific. I know it is prevalent in some states and I’m not sure about EasttCanada. Things could have changed but last time asked my Veterinarian it wasn’t available locally in Central BC unless specifically requested.......which I did as I regularly wintered in Souther California/Arizona ......not part of the regular vaccine protocol in BC.

Maybe 35 Rem will have more up to date information as Lepto is a horrible disease.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    It’s my understanding that the Lepto virus is very area specific. I know it is prevalent in some states and I’m not sure about EasttCanada. Things could have changed but last time asked my Veterinarian it wasn’t available locally in Central BC unless specifically requested.......which I did as I regularly wintered in Souther California/Arizona ......not part of the regular vaccine protocol in BC.

Maybe 35 Rem will have more up to date information as Lepto is a horrible disease.
    Wondered about that as well. It is definitely a vaccine that is highly recommended in the east - particularly for sporting breeds that have their noses down to the ground hunting!
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Chewable,,,,just cut in half and added to the kibble.

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post

Just looked at my last vet bill when my dog had her annual vaccinations last month and Canine Cough (Bordetella), Dist/Adeno/Parvo/Parainfluenza, Leptospirosis, and Lyme were on it to be repeated next year. She also got another Bravecto and Interceptor Plus (deworming) tablets.

Sako will need Rabies vaccination again next year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Just looked at my last vet bill when my dog had her annual vaccinations last month and Canine Cough (Bordetella), Dist/Adeno/Parvo/Parainfluenza, Leptospirosis, and Lyme were on it to be repeated next year. She also got another Bravecto and Interceptor Plus (deworming) tablets.

Sako will need Rabies vaccination again next year, too.
    Well that’s good to know. It was like pulling hens teeth to get my vet to order Leptospirosis vaccine........said it wasn’t necessary in this area.

Thanks for that information. Again I hope 35 rem will chime in and give some professional clarity on this.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

I picked up 7 female deer ticks and 4 males on the weekend in Region 2. Only one was able latch on briefly before being busted. My found one crawling up her leg and one on the strap of her rifle. She rarely gets them for whatever reason.

Tried to store them in an empty plastic 22 ammo container for later dispatching... realized almost instantly they would squeeze through the tiniest little gaps in the corners. Crazy little hard wired vile creatures.