Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princeton bear

Princeton bear

Went looking for bear up Copper Mountain/Willis FSR over the weekend around Princeton. Saw nothing, no scat, no bear. This is my first year for bear - is it too early? Oddly there was nobody else around over the weekend. If anyone knows the area, please tell me if it's too early as we might try this weekend too. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Princeton bear

Id wait 2 more weeks myself.

best bang for buck is may long weekend - mid June I’ve noticed.

Hey I was up there as well (Friday) hoping to find some bear sign. Same thing. No scat anywhere. Seems a bit early, a lot of the roads weren't accessible due to snow. There weren't too many fresh greens out.

I did see a big cougar though which was pretty awesome. I figured that it is probably a little too early. Still lots of snow, had to turn around several times but was a good weekend to get out of the house and enjoy a campfire and a few brews.

Son lives in Princeton, we have a place in Tulameen.
    He's waiting a bit before heading out for Spring Bear, still lots of snow in the hills, many roads are still pretty crappy.
    Lots of bears wandering around the Streets of Princeton but the Townfolk frown upon shooting them.
    Haven't seen any signs at all around Tulameen.

Love the enthusiasm to get out,,,,,,but probably too early.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Look for big south facing slopes with grass..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Lots of bears being seen and I know of quite a few that have been dropped. Get out there!

Not sure about Princeton, but we have been out camping a couple times times casually looking around in Region 2.

Conditions are 2-3 weeks behind what they normally are but starting to catch up quickly so it might not be that long.

Bears are moving a bit. Grass is getting hit, found a little bit of scat here and there around the valley and saw one bear. For the pocket I normally hunt, I think there is just a saw with a cub or two... could be more than that, but what little movement is happening seems to be mostly at night.

Activity should be increasing a little bit each day. Another week or two there should be a lot of activity.

Gas is cheap, so if you have the time just keep getting out there as much as you can. If time is limited and you want most bang from your buck, I would give it another 2-3 weeks.

Thanks all - I thought it was just me not seeing bears! Good excuse to get out anyways