Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Logging damage..grrr

Re: Logging damage..grrr

Ps I don’t plant grass seed or anything considered noxious I’m fully aware of the invasive weed problem
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

I came late to hunting, construction workers who took time off in the fall didn't see work until spring. Only when I had a steady job did get serious about hunting. I went out with a fellow worker . Hunting around Loon Lake was like hunting in a park. It had been selectively logged, now it's 264WM territory.

A little off topic but i watched a Great Movie on You Tube called " Valley of the Humans" ..Talk about the Biomass fuel being burned instead of Coal , Oil and Gas. what an eye opener to see where our forests are ending up in order to turn a turbine to give us electricity. Michael Moore is the Executive producer but hes not in the Documentary...some are not fans of him.
    Politics and Greed at their finest.

Sorry about your spot getting Trashed Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    A little off topic but i watched a Great Movie on You Tube called " Valley of the Humans" ..Talk about the Biomass fuel being burned instead of Coal , Oil and Gas. what an eye opener to see where our forests are ending up in order to turn a turbine to give us electricity. Michael Moore is the Executive producer but hes not in the Documentary...some are not fans of him.
    Politics and Greed at their finest.

Sorry about your spot getting Trashed Steve.
    Ya Buddy. .it's the spot I took you in to show you HUGE CEDARS..you standing on a old cedar bear den..I tried calling you ..you were not home..
    Andy Miller says HI..lol
    Cheers be safe
    Regards
    Steven

Ah if its the area I am thinking you are talking about. It was a beautiful peaceful spot. I can see how you would be mad and emotional. That is a long time 25 years to be hunting in a area like that. How you get to know where certain animals like to hang out. When is the best time to hunt. Just a great area to sit back and relax.
    Now myself I don't even want to go back to that area maybe I should just remember it how it was.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by r106 View Post
    Can't blame the logging company. Look at the government that sets the rules.

Sorry to hear your hunting grounds got ruined. Had that happen before. Not fun at all
    I was going to post the exact same thing. Want to point fingers point them to government.

Hmm knew exactly where to send the guys last year..to within 50 yards for black bear..
    know not just where but the exact location the remainder 2 grizzly cubs hang out..
    Where was THE BEST rabbit 1/2 mile..I know of..
    I self isolated there everyou spring..fall..for 25 years..big change..not much for change..but will learn..
    Know the cross country ski trails, snowmobile trails, ATV trails..maybe 200 kms of trails..from the top of the mountain to the lake..to 2 valleys over..

Hmm Susan is worried..I am headed back in the neighborhood with the truck alone..and over to Hen Ingram..Keno, wife lake..
    Great friend will come look see if I don't return by 10 pm..he is x Paramedic..x search and rescue..avid 4 x. 4" knows where I'm going.l with the Fords starting issues.I should take my ATV as backup..famous last words..lol
    Let's hope find some level ground to park my TT" and the road doesn't wash out behind me or deep snow..or..some good black bear spots.
    Cheers
    Guys
    Srupp

Good luck and remember it’s no fun if your not getting dirty lol
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Can you tell the difference from black bear vs grizzly bear skull Srupp?

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Can you tell the difference from black bear vs grizzly bear skull Srupp?
    Wow ! There's a Cheap shot - Whats bringing that on RJ