Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging damage..grrr

Re: Logging damage..grrr

Sorry I wasn’t trying to be racist just a bad habit..
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Us old guys get stuck in our ways sometimes .. not that that’s any excuse

^^^^ Also, who’s Glen Campbell? The Rhinestone Premier? Perhaps you meant Gordon...

Lol yup damn spell check .. that’s what I’m blaming it on lol

Arrow Re: Logging damage..grrr

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    ... Ugly right off the bat but over time it creates habitat eventually, and there are certain practices the logging company has to adhere to.
    I strongly suggest you come over to The Rock and have a boo.
    I can easily show you hundreds of sites wherein NO replanting has taken place over dozens of years on literal moonscapes.
    I can also show you dozens of incidents wherein "certain practices" are blatantly ignored, such as cutting right to the shores of fish bearing streams and "trophy" lakes.
    In short, it is madness.
    And what you suggest IS NOT HAPPENING in any way shape nor form. Period.

Steve, I feel for you.
    Watched them NUKE a hell of a lot of my favorite haunts over here to.
    Heart wrenching...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Back in the day fir was selective logging only now they clear cut it they get around it by saying it’s bug infested which is bull crap!! We’re loosing winter range fir in the loops at an alarming rate. The lichen that hangs on those Limbs or blown off in wind storms are a life line for the deer never mind the loss of thermal cover. What they have done to Vancouver island is gross negligence as well I’ve seen it myself.. boggles the mind they can get away with that.. but when you give millions to a campaign I guess you get that privilege

The whole Interlakes - Bonoparte Lake is Moon SCAPED in a LOT of the area - The mill in 100 mile house didn't even want any FIR ! Specialty mills buy up FIR for Beams etc in Expensive homes ! RJ

All the fir here goes to tolko for peelers .. expensive plywood it’s keeping guys working just barely I can see the mill shutting down at some point

'old guys' well, I am 74 at the end of June, so.....

I spent 20+ years in various aspects of forestry and was howling about harvesting practices in the 1960s.....it has not improved and more immigration equals greater devastation........

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    'old guys' well, I am 74 at the end of June, so.....

I spent 20+ years in various aspects of forestry and was howling about harvesting practices in the 1960s.....it has not improved and more immigration equals greater devastation........
    Yeah I had to get out myself I was disgusted with the politics of it and just couldn’t help by voice my opinions lol back when 40 ha was a max size block it was ok. But I’ve laid out blocks in blue river that destroyed the mountain caribou habitat ... I hated that with a passion!! They need to start teaching different practices for the up and comers.. plant poplar where u log poplar .. species specific areas not jam up draws and riparian areas with pine.