Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging damage..grrr

Re: Logging damage..grrr

Yes , I am sorry..I was realy attached to the area..it was beautiful quiet, diversity.moose black bear, grizzlies, deer, rabbits..one of my favorite locations..I have harvested plenty of deer, bears, helped many others get deer bears in the area,.one can travel 15 kms.and never need to leave the solitude under Tha canopy, or way back.
    Guess I was spoiled..I will get over it..lol or around it.

Steven

Hard to complain about logging when you choose to live in a community that the primary employer is forestry.
    Ugly right off the bat but over time it creates habitat eventually, and there are certain practices the logging company has to adhere to.

Too bad the situation is that bad.It is time to have a meeting with the District Manager at the Government Forestry Office and voice your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    While hunting for moose up north a couple of years ago I came across tree planting of pine that were so close together a rabbit would be lucky to move in there !
    Arctic Lake

That’s how dense pine regenerates after fire. Our planting densities have been way too low (cheaper!) and have led to a whole range of forest health issues that will negatively the mid-term timber supply. Government sets the AAC but the companies designed the shitty blocks and sounds like they didn’t take recreation interest into account.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Hard to complain about logging when you choose to live in a community that the primary employer is forestry.
    Ugly right off the bat but over time it creates habitat eventually, and there are certain practices the logging company has to adhere to.
    Yes, however in all those years this stands out for the extra..damage? No objection to logging..my neighbors are loggers..
    Yes you are absolutely correct..it will eventually be habitat ....5..6.7 years..
    Just got off the phone on alternative access...I only have gone in on Horsefly mountain road..
    however not 1 location in 9 kms" that is 27 feet long, flat to leave my travel trailer..
    I will find a location..best 3 locations for bear in Horsefly area has met San Jose logging company in past 3 years..
    Cheers..everyone be safe and healthy.
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    You mean like the entire province?.....Something to said for when hunters and loggers step up and cite perceived environmental infractions...
    is in my view... has reached the highest level of scrutiny we can manage without corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    Too bad the situation is that bad.It is time to have a meeting with the District Manager at the Government Forestry Office and voice your concerns.
    Voice your opinions all you want if the ministry has deemed it beetle or moth infested your shit out of luck.. I know because I tried that route with one of my whitetail spots.. forget it ! I was in the industry for 20 years so I know my stuff and I called bullshit about beetle or moth being in that area. I gave up it was impossible to argue. Even the local biologist said it was pointless. Also they don’t thin pine they leave it free to grow if you open up the stand and prune up the tree they grow to fast and the large gaps between growth rings makes for weak wood .. useless for lumber. They grow white pine in Chile and in a year they put on inches in growth it’s only good for pulp
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Speak to licensee not logger. Slash piles will get taken care of I’m sure. As far as trails, if they aren’t legally recognized trails and in the government system they generally don’t make it on the maps. When winter logging these types of trails are that noticeable. I’ve had to go clean trailheads or roads that accessed unofficial trails and campgrounds. No guarantee but licensees avoid pissing off the public when feasible. Same goes for road damage. If fsr then they legally have to clean it up, if their road permit then they have to ensure there is no environmental damage. Like I said try licensee, loggers are struggling to stay afloat right now and aren’t gonna spend anything out of pocket unless They have to.
    cheers
    If a tree falls in the woods....did I cut it down?

Ugly logging practices would be less offensive were it not that everything has been given to the big corporations, all the small mills (which employed a huge segment of the province's population) have been shut down, fewer people are employed, more fuel is burnt, and the companies are piss poor corporate citizens. GD

Interesting read. Sorry to hear the area got nuked. Sounds like some extra care would have went a long way.