Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging damage..grrr

Re: Logging damage..grrr

I get what SR is saying. I'm for logging as I'm here in PG and logging creates opportunity. There are companys that leave things fairly nice after they leave and there are some that leave a shit show. I dont know enough about logging/ winter logging.

Shitty. Aside from the fact you didn't mention gates, kind of sounds like the Island

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Shitty. Aside from the fact you didn't mention gates, kind of sounds like the Island
    Yep. They could train NASA astronauts for the next moon mission in some areas. Nothing but rocks left.

Rape and pillage resource extraction is nothing new in BC.
    I saw the effects in the late 60s on Vancouver Island, And in the late 70s in the Kootenays.
    Logging has its place, but Iike anything else involving money, greed has a way of ruining things.
    The sorry state of fisheries in BC makes me sad. I remember the glory days.

Can't blame the logging company. Look at the government that sets the rules.

Sorry to hear your hunting grounds got ruined. Had that happen before. Not fun at all
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Hmmm most all west of WL is no go..Indian issues just doesn't make it worthwhile or enjoyable..

this area is fairly extensive through a network of trails, fsr" one can access 3 valleys, and 2 mountains...200 kms? Access able by quad..not at all accessible by truck.
    This area could be logged without the total destruction of a huge area..9 kms long..as much as I could get to before snow blocked my further progress..each side of the " road " was trashed as far as the eye could see..huge piles of slash, logs not worth the cost to truck, lots of blocks of wood..just plain torn up..pretty hard to see deer, moose, bears being able to transverse the area easily..on top of that..small ATV trails that were not pilaged..we're blocked by mounds of dirt WTF" why?
    Any place flat enough to park a travel trailer looks dilibertly messed up...unusable..
    I will figure out how to find a nearby area to camp on crown land..perks of intimate knowledge of the area for 25 years..and find some undisturbed real estate that holds bears..that is IF Williams lake isn't evacuated again..not supposed to do dishes, wash, shower, bathe..etc because our sewar holding tanks for the city and are currently headed to the Fraser river and on to Vancouver.
    Sorry guys.logging is one thing..this is just over the top in excess.. .I will go kill a bear and feel better.
    Sorry for bitching.
    Apologetically
    Steven
    Last edited by srupp; 04-26-2020 at 06:34 PM.

And yet the government will spend millions on studying why moose and deer populations are down lol ... just a distraction tactic to shift blame from bad policy and even worse practices! If you want to find game in bc look for 30 year old regen stands that’s where they be. If you don’t mind hunting on your hands and knees to be able to see through it lol. When you open up the country you open it up to predators from coyotes up to man you also remove thermal cover, ponds dry up feed changes. Then they plant every square inch with pine they don’t plant poplar and willows or dogwood where it naturally grows it’s replaced by pine so no forage available. Sad state of affairs but hey money is the only thing that matters right??
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

That’s really unfortunate. The hosers have a way of leaving a bad taste, certainly, aided and abetted by BCFS. Bad enough To have to endure the “Gumball Rally” attitude of yellow trucks.

Hope things don’t get any worse up your way Steven ! Sad to hear about the logging practices . Logging definitely provides jobs but geezzz does it have be trashed to do it ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm most all west of WL is no go..Indian issues just doesn't make it worthwhile or enjoyable..

this area is fairly extensive through a network of trails, fsr" one can access 3 valleys, and 2 mountains...200 kms? Access able by quad..not at all accessible by truck.
    This area could be logged without the total destruction of a huge area..9 kms long..as much as I could get to before snow blocked my further progress..each side of the " road " was trashed as far as the eye could see..huge piles of slash, logs not worth the cost to truck, lots of blocks of wood..just plain torn up..pretty hard to see deer, moose, bears being able to transverse the area easily..on top of that..small ATV trails that were not pilaged..we're blocked by mounds of dirt WTF" why?
    Any place flat enough to park a travel trailer looks dilibertly messed up...unusable..
    I will figure out how to find a nearby area to camp on crown land..perks of intimate knowledge of the area for 25 years..and find some undisturbed real estate that holds bears..that is IF Williams lake isn't evacuated again..not supposed to do dishes, wash, shower, bathe..etc because our sewar holding tanks for the city and are currently headed to the Fraser river and on to Vancouver.
    Sorry guys.logging is one thing..this is just over the top in excess.. .I will go kill a bear and feel better.
    Sorry for bitching.
    Apologetically
    Steven
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

While hunting for moose up north a couple of years ago I came across tree planting of pine that were so close together a rabbit would be lucky to move in there !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    And yet the government will spend millions on studying why moose and deer populations are down lol ... just a distraction tactic to shift blame from bad policy and even worse practices! If you want to find game in bc look for 30 year old regen stands that’s where they be. If you don’t mind hunting on your hands and knees to be able to see through it lol. When you open up the country you open it up to predators from coyotes up to man you also remove thermal cover, ponds dry up feed changes. Then they plant every square inch with pine they don’t plant poplar and willows or dogwood where it naturally grows it’s replaced by pine so no forage available. Sad state of affairs but hey money is the only thing that matters right??
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !