Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Logging damage..grrr

Re: Logging damage..grrr

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Wow ! There's a Cheap shot - Whats bringing that on RJ
    Cheap like borscht!!
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

My favorite moose area for the last 18 years got wiped out by logging a couple of years ago. Decimated two natural licks and countless game trails. I'm still in shock when I go there. I don't blame the loggers, they're just doing their job, but it still sucks. I'm sure the area will be productive again in another decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Can you tell the difference from black bear vs grizzly bear skull Srupp?
    No no I can't. .just sitting there..never could..one bear skull looks like another to me..

Hmm mm
    Cheers
    Srupp

One point that hasn't come up, that would prevent the shock of this in the future, is that all licencees have to provide the opportunity for public input. They do that by advertising their development plans prior to going forward with any work (meaning $$$ invested in recci's and layout) in the local papers. That is your opportunity to go in and talk to the planners about what they are going to be working on, and to see what areas are going to be logged in the future. That is your chance to go voice your concerns.

Well, its BC we cut trees here. Give it a half dozen years and it won't be as nice to us humans granted but the animals will be in quality chow.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm went to scout out my one bear area..logging had happened last winter BIG TIME. .could hardly recognize the area I had spent so much time over the past 25 or so years..d endured with huge slash piles..ATV poker run trail...gone..cross country ski trails..gone..road torn to pieces by heavy equipment. .

Every side trail blocked off with buckets of rocks/soil..
    No other forms of use left as options..Grrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrr !......
    Was tempting with 10 million in equipment lined up..to leave a message..will call the owner of San Jose logging company., inconsiderate pigs.

Reavaluating bear hunting area..
    However there are now over 100 roads gone. .Flooded out and destroyed by flooding., locally around Williams Lake.
    Srupp

If if you ever come to Vancouver island let me know Steve. There is more then enough bear area here.

I've only been to Region 6 three times, but I sure recall the first time we went and stayed at a well used campsite that was surround by a carpet of moose hair from years of discarded hides. Pulled two moose out of there, identified trails and wallows, the place was ideal It was already been logged quite a few years before so figured it would be safe. Went back the next time we got an LEH and it had been nuked.

Went to a different sub region of 6 the next time, got a moose, tried to help a bow hunter who wounded one, but it got away and we identified ideal moose transit areas from a small lake through some aspens up to a larger lake. I even considered a tree stand one trial was so prominent.

Talked to the bow hunter the next year as we'd stayed in touch and he reported that it had all been logged flat right in the area I'm speaking of. These are all spots that had been well logged once already. They go back to get what they left the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubertuber View Post
    I don't blame the loggers, they're just doing their job, but it still sucks.

Think of the loggers when you reach for that toilet paper . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post

Think of the loggers when you reach for that toilet paper . . . .
    HANG ON...WHAT!!!!!
    You have TOILET PAPER!!???????

Back in the early '90s my buddy and I went hunting in the east Kootenays. Somewhere up in the White River area we came across a sign that said "This is a managed forest" by some local forest company. My buddy looked at me and said " Well it looks like they managed to turn it into a moonscape". It was clearcut as far as the eye could see. I guess it's just a matter of perspective and perception. Very sad.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....