Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bar Lake

Big Bar Lake

Hopefully heading to Big Bar lake in June, first time fishing this lake so was wondering what kind of flies guys are using? Also line types recommended at that time of year.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big Bar Lake

Quote Originally Posted by sames14 View Post
    Hopefully heading to Big Bar lake in June, first time fishing this lake so was wondering what kind of flies guys are using? Also line types recommended at that time of year.
    I was talking to a buddy today and he was hoping to go to Big Bar as well, he was saying the Prov. Park isn't taking any res. because it's closed. This Covid-19 is really going to throw a wrench in the fishing this spring and summer!

I have a reserved site for middle of June. Hope i am able to attend, large campsites so keeping your social distancing should not be a problem but then the powers to be dont see it that way.

I wouldn’t hold my breath that you will be able to go to the provincial campground in June unless things improve quickly .i guess you could always camp rough on a side logging road and day trip it to the lake .You can launch a small cartop boat on the Clinton end of the lake but you wont get a trailered boat in there. hope you don’t mind lots of mosquitoes , they are brutal there

very hard lake to fish be prepared to be skunked

Do not go. Not worth the frustration.
    Plus last year it was pretty heavily ice fished. Two guys in particular were caught with 3 or 4 rods each and a mess of fish. Way way over their limit.
    Fishing is slow.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Nick Name of Big Bar Lake is SKUNK Lake ! as you get Skunked Often - I Know Bad Fisherman ! But Even THE LEGEND gets skunked there and as Rod said you better like Mosquitos as there Abundant . Boat Speed is also only 10 kph to. No boating Sports allowed ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by sames14 View Post
    that's funny

seven replies (ok, now 8 )

not one answering the question

it's early............

xo
    Last edited by whognu; 04-24-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Very rare I get skunked RJ! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Nick Name of Big Bar Lake is SKUNK Lake ! as you get Skunked Often - I Know Bad Fisherman ! But Even THE LEGEND gets skunked there and as Rod said you better like Mosquitos as there Abundant . Boat Speed is also only 10 kph to. No boating Sports allowed ! RJ

honestly june is one of the most frustrating months on big bar, when most other lakes are fishing well at this time not so for big bar, there is such an abundance of plankton type critters (daphnia?) the trout mostly go off of larger bugs, the odd ones you do catch are mostly full of these microscopic things that would be tough to imitate. you could try tiny glassworms or possibly work the aggression angle with boobies on the shoals. I no longer fish big bar in june because of this.