Thread: Climbing Sticks, Tree Stand

Climbing Sticks, Tree Stand

What do you guys like for climbing sticks and hangable tree stands available to buy in B.C.?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Climbing Sticks, Tree Stand

Can’t help you about climbing sticks. I haven’t used my tree stand for a long time but when I did I used climbing spurs to go up the tree. It allowed me to leave the stand up the tree and not worry about it being used or stolen. The stand I use a gorilla stand bought it Canadian tire. It’s a little small but works okay.

Lone wolf climbing sticks are excellent and you can buy in Canada not sure if BC stores carry them . I have lone wolf and gorilla hangons . The gorillas I bought at Canadian tire and they are fine
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Went thru it all , starting from siting on a board strapped to a branch ,Cabela's climbing and pro spurs , 5-6 name brands of climbers and finally settled for the Summit Golith model , then their Titan . Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I have a lone wolf alpha hang on. And sticks. I bought them online years ago. There was a company out there called xop, they were making lone wolf clones for way cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Went thru it all , starting from siting on a board strapped to a branch ,Cabela's climbing and pro spurs , 5-6 name brands of climbers and finally settled for the Summit Golith model , then their Titan . Cheers
    Yeah dude but don't you like have an escalader to whisk you up the tree to that bad boy... next you will have a heated electric recliner with motion sensors and auto orientation! Come to think of it I'd love that set up!!

I like the Lone Wolf sticks but found them a tad heavy although they are a lot less bulky that any of the ring style sticks. I now buy whatever sticks pop up on sale. As far as treestands though I'm a little more particular... hint ALL aluminum, small seat and platform. Double-hint use at least TWO ratcheting straps and always wear your harness!

BTW - I have extras and can sell you an older big steel rig with a brand new strap harness for $30. for pickup in Victoria.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."