Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bison Zones ?!

Re: New Bison Zones ?!

Sikanni Outfitters are in the new Zone D. There may be a GOS season both to the North and The South of the LEH areas opening September 01. If this is the case it will be a complete gong show. Last year I had the Oct 01-15 draw for the old Zone B and there were at least 75 hunters in the valley and it was nuts. My group was successful but it was a tough slog and I won't go back. I'll be happy to share any info with anyone drawn, this hunt was on my bucket list, I'm really glad I did it but once is enough.

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

I might have seen you there ��. Was there until the 4th or 5th....we got 3
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Ironic, I was there too, but just poking around looking at other critters. Took me a bit on the 1st to figure out why it sounded like a Nascar warm up as it was getting light out.

Does Sikanni outfitters still rent the cabins to resident hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Does Sikanni outfitters still rent the cabins to resident hunters?
    as of last year yes they did. also had their main cabin open to hunters for a room and board arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    Sikanni Outfitters are in the new Zone D. There may be a GOS season both to the North and The South of the LEH areas opening September 01. If this is the case it will be a complete gong show. Last year I had the Oct 01-15 draw for the old Zone B and there were at least 75 hunters in the valley and it was nuts. My group was successful but it was a tough slog and I won't go back. I'll be happy to share any info with anyone drawn, this hunt was on my bucket list, I'm really glad I did it but once is enough.
    Well this is disheartening...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstix View Post
    I might have seen you there ��. Was there until the 4th or 5th....we got 3
    Same here. Met some good people up there. Even lent out our raft. Weather broke not too long after the 5th. Got pretty ugly. Took a week to melt the quad back in the city. Some serious damage to rigs trying to get out. And $1k a rig to get pulled up the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    Same here. Met some good people up there. Even lent out our raft. Weather broke not too long after the 5th. Got pretty ugly. Took a week to melt the quad back in the city. Some serious damage to rigs trying to get out. And $1k a rig to get pulled up the hill.

can you eloborate please. what happened on the way out that damaged trucks? who was pulling them out and charging? towing company?

There is a long steep hill on an ugly road. Once iced up it is a mess. Depending on your rig it may be literally impossible to get out. Tow company has a jumbo triple axle but they have to come a long way and it isn't cheap.

been there 2 times...highly suggest proper vbar chains on all 4 corners, problem solved. paying a tow company to get rescued is the price you pay for coming unprepared. just my opinion.