Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Bison Zones ?!

Re: New Bison Zones ?!

Is the big ugly mud road you are talking about is just down from where the road splits? People camp at the top and other road goes around to the old pumper station?
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

100% agree with this statement!
    Quote Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
    been there 2 times...highly suggest proper vbar chains on all 4 corners, problem solved. paying a tow company to get rescued is the price you pay for coming unprepared. just my opinion.

Did some reading on the new LEH zones, proposed GOS zones and mapping software. Sikanni River Outfitters, Pink Mountain Ranch and Horse Camp cabins are all in Zone D. I have done this hunt 3 times over the last 7 years and where we got our bison 3 years ago is not in the new zones but in the proposed GOS southern zone. The way it's carved up Zone C is almost a waste of time now...

Quote Originally Posted by JustinG View Post
    Did some reading on the new LEH zones, proposed GOS zones and mapping software. Sikanni River Outfitters, Pink Mountain Ranch and Horse Camp cabins are all in Zone D. I have done this hunt 3 times over the last 7 years and where we got our bison 3 years ago is not in the new zones but in the proposed GOS southern zone. The way it's carved up Zone C is almost a waste of time now...
    I’m sure everyone is thinking this, odds will be way up there now! Lucky you for so many bison hunts, been putting in since 95 and sweet fuq all!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    Sikanni Outfitters are in the new Zone D. There may be a GOS season both to the North and The South of the LEH areas opening September 01. If this is the case it will be a complete gong show. Last year I had the Oct 01-15 draw for the old Zone B and there were at least 75 hunters in the valley and it was nuts. My group was successful but it was a tough slog and I won't go back. I'll be happy to share any info with anyone drawn, this hunt was on my bucket list, I'm really glad I did it but once is enough.
    Agreed, I was in zone B last year Oct 15-30. Too many hunters. Was in Zone A 5 years ago and same thing. Successful on all hunts. Now that the outfitter owns the prime land up there I will not be putting in no more. My type of hunting is not seeing a soul on a 10 day hunt

How can people hunt zone c under this new scenario?
    Is it possible to stay in zone d and sled into c?
    This seems crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    How can people hunt zone c under this new scenario?
    Is it possible to stay in zone d and sled into c?
    This seems crazy to me.
    I thought most of the area in Zone C was closed to motorized vehicles. I had the B draw years ago and I remember a couple guys had 'special permission' to take their quads back in way past horse camp. They were hunting Elk.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I thought most of the area in Zone C was closed to motorized vehicles. I had the B draw years ago and I remember a couple guys had 'special permission' to take their quads back in way past horse camp. They were hunting Elk.
    snow mobiles are exempt
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

i probably saw your too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Ironic, I was there too, but just poking around looking at other critters. Took me a bit on the 1st to figure out why it sounded like a Nascar warm up as it was getting light out.
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!

Prince Rupert Again, Formerly Fort Nelson

which outfitter are you referring to that owns the prime land??

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    Agreed, I was in zone B last year Oct 15-30. Too many hunters. Was in Zone A 5 years ago and same thing. Successful on all hunts. Now that the outfitter owns the prime land up there I will not be putting in no more. My type of hunting is not seeing a soul on a 10 day hunt
    "Dy'in ain't much of a livin' boy"

"There is NO Keyser Soze"!!!!!!

"Do cow moose have white inside their ears"?!!!!!