Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Blocking roads in region 3

Re: Blocking roads in region 3

I was disgusted to find the entire 5 mile ridge network of roads torn up and deactivated. Chilcotin holidays had a nightmare to get their grazing horses off the ridge and i met a group of senior hunters in their 70's that had been going up there for over 30 years reduced to tears that they couldn't get up there to hunt anymore. No consultation or notice. When I called in to complain I was told that interwest had to deactivate equivalent kilometers of old road to build new logging roads.

Im all for tearing up side roads and random old trails. If there is anything more than a single track you will find quads and trucks driving to the end just to turn around. Many random little roads that dont go anywhere but the road hunting crew gotta drive them anyways. Anywhere near the loops is overrun with vehicles, too many roads. So make your choice, complain about too many road hunters in your area, complain about public access being removed to "your" spot, complain about lack of game, and a new one, complain about lack of consultation or notice of a deactivation........ If there is no more industry in an area I think the roads should be deactivated off the main, and not a tiny little ditch at the start.

That sounds wonderful! A veritable Valhalla wilderness society paradise! Might as well ban trucks, quads, dirtbikes, horses, mules . Just stay at home and play video games. There is more to the backcountry and recreational access than just hunting. I find it much easier to not worry about what other people are doing or what they dont like. Who cares if people drive to the end of a road and turn around again. 99% of the time the critters are long gone as soon as they hear a vehicle coming. I'd rather fight to keep access open for everyone because little by little we are losing it. That is my only complaint.

The Province doesn’t have the money or legislation in place to maintain the increased assumed access rights that everyone thinks they have. Statistically speaking across B.C. more resource roads are built than deactivated every year.

This Forests Practices Board report focuses on this subject and is a beneficial read on this https://www.bcfpb.ca/wp-content/uplo...Management.pdf

Region 3 is one of the worst regions for too many resource roads that can’t be maintained for environmental liabilities and user safety. Just my thoughts.

Want more access= tell your local MLA to fund more Resource Road maintenance and tell them your willing to pay more taxes to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdieselpa View Post
    I was disgusted to find the entire 5 mile ridge network of roads torn up and deactivated. Chilcotin holidays had a nightmare to get their grazing horses off the ridge and i met a group of senior hunters in their 70's that had been going up there for over 30 years reduced to tears that they couldn't get up there to hunt anymore. No consultation or notice. When I called in to complain I was told that interwest had to deactivate equivalent kilometers of old road to build new logging roads.
    More roads deactivated the better, but agree, notice is needed.

Consultation with ranchers, yes. Hunters, no.

Roads torn up...taking away your guns...what’s next? Wont be long and there won’t be much left for the hunter.

Srupp got his roads fixed R5 ! RJ

Lace up your boots.The roads been torn up doesn't stop you from hunting. Hunters are turning into a bunch of whiny pussies.Look at google earth, B.C. as been ravaged and wildlife numbers are down because of it. And the roads aren't enough, then guys need to build illegal and damaging quad trails into moose meadows and the alpine so they don't have to walk or God forbid pack an animal out.

Saddle up folks, and have a backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Srupp got his roads fixed R5 ! RJ
    Huh ?..
    Roads get deactivated every year..hmm adapt and overcome...
    There were deactivated roads in 5.15...Guide just hired guys to re activate them..
    Kwatna..Horsefly..Quesnel lk...
    Which ones were you referring to RJ ?
    Cheers
    Srupp