Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Re: Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Road was in ok shape, little bumpy in sections. Mud was gone and the road was dusty. No problem going through the provincial park, gates are just closed to the campgrounds. Drillbit, I meet Dan and Shawna from the Rodger. Helped with them with the dock for a bit, good people loving life up at the lake. Went for a drive and saw some smaller bears up Ingram nothing big enough to spark my interest. Found a little atv trail near the end of Ingram but cant find any info about it, maybe srupp or drillbit know something? It’s called suey slate bay trail, logging road cut in half, is that the one you were talking about in your other thread Steve? Thanks

I should clarify, I have found some info about the trail and know it connects the lakes but looking for current info. Info I found indicates its a hiking trail, however it looked more like a rough torn up atv trail to me where it crosses by the Ingram main. Any current info on the trail condition would be helpful, thinking of taking the kids through it this weekend, cheers

Ya, that trail goes from suey bay on horsefly lake to slate bay on quesnel lake.

I've been to both ends by boat and about a km each way at the middle. It's around 6km lake to lake

I'd guess it to be an old Swepemc trail from back in the day.

Lots of people poke down it on their atv's but you can't get very far.

It's Rod(somehow you got the wrong name) and Shawna on the Jolly Rodger. Heard he almost drowned and sunk a resort rental boat getting the docks lined up!

Thanks for info on the trail, was thinking atv but not if I cant get through. Yes it was Rod, not sure where I came up with Dan, lol. Yeah that’s pretty much what happened, they both got lucky there, he took it better then the other guy. Especially for someone who doesn’t know how to swim. He got the boat out, cleaned it up and got it running again then headed off down the lake so I guess all is well

You could get thru the trail easy, just lots of blowdown to cut.

It's a nice walking/horse trail and is wide everywhere I went. Just lots of trees across it, nobody goes there with a saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    You could get thru the trail easy, just lots of blowdown to cut.

It's a nice walking/horse trail and is wide everywhere I went. Just lots of trees across it, nobody goes there with a saw.
    It is a Non motorized trail. http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/searc...844&type=Trail

XPEIER

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    It is a Non motorized trail. http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/searc...844&type=Trail

XPEIER
    ......Another thing they are trying to take away from local residents. Man, I HATE bcparks.

Unless an atv'r goes thru it with a chainsaw, nobody will or can use it.