Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Re: Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Are you talking about the park on the north shore of horsefly lake? Hatchery road or Z road.
    I would doubt anyone is monitoring that road. It is an hour and a half from anywhere. It will be breaking up as well because the frost is coming out.

The road was plowed out to quesnel lake but a lot of the spurs roads are not plowed. Cougar bay is plowed. Hen Ingram was open to a logging site.
    Hope you have good mud tires and clearance under your truck!! You will need them. 20 inches of snow on my lawn and some places have 4 feet of snow in the bush. 96 inches of snow this year. Your call.
    Thanks Tigrr...Appreciate front porch knowledge..
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    And here is a classic example of the government overstepping. It comes back to common sense. Common sense tells us that some guys fishing up Williston are no problem as far as spreading the virus (or anything else, for that matter) is concerned. I support a common sense approach to restricting travel; I don't support stupidity. This is an example of law enforcement demonstrating their eagerness to, under the right circumstances, satisfy their need to step on the necks of the average citizen when they get the chance. This is stupid and I hope karma bites those officers involved at some point; they deserve it. GD
    Agree this seems to be unessisary heavy handed approach....doesn't make sense ..period. hundreds crammed together on Crescent beach..couple guys go onto a lake.., fined..Hmm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm.
    Steven

There is a lot of sand on that road and those officers should pound a couple quarts up their respective butts. What absolute crap. GD

I took a look, and the road is removed from Horsefly provincial park as I suspected. It isn’t part of the park legally, so they would have no grounds to try and stop you.

Looking for an update if anyone knows the road condition currently out to Alysia? Trying to get up there with my 30’ travel trailer soon, it will be left there for the season so only need to get in. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by bc7mm View Post
    Just a heads up with the present closures. A group out of Prince George was fishing up Williston lake over the weekend and the logging road passed through a park. As they were not fishing in the park they figured all was well and good. Not so, they were stopped on the way back, ticketed and their fish were taken away because they passed through the park.

Pretty cheap shot I’d say, a warning and some dialog might have been a better fit here, but be aware when travelling if your chosen path uses a park road for access.
    Pretty heavy handet it seems !
    Do you know what they where actually charged with ?

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Trks View Post
    Looking for an update if anyone knows the road condition currently out to Alysia? Trying to get up there with my 30’ travel trailer soon, it will be left there for the season so only need to get in. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
    You might want to call Alysia resort and find out if they are open. The road in will be muddy. No point in driving in if the gates are closed.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Hmm drove out there couple days ago..road was muddy...still lots of snow around there around Whiffle LK. .

steven

Thanks guys, yes gates opened up today. Heard a big boat already went in to get the docks back together so hopefully no issues for me, except the mud of course

The Jolly Rodger will have the docks usable.