Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Been looking through the BC parks site and can't seem to fine if we are still okay to drive through Horsefly lake park to gain access to peoples cabin north of the park? I know the rec site itself is closed and the parking is as well but want to know if the paved/gravel road through it is still open?

Cheers to all.
    Last edited by Redemption; 04-13-2020 at 12:50 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Access through Horsefly park still okay?

Yes interested in this also

It’s a gazetted public road, maintained by MOTI, with permanent residents beyond. I would be very surprised if parks has any authority to try and close it. The road is likely not even part of the park, as it has likely been removed and under authority of MOTI.

Hello, Tigrr....? This one’s right up your alley.

I spoke with the lady that owns Plato Island and she said their road is snowed in and will not be opened until around the middle of May. But she also said that the road out toward Elysia Resort is usually maintained as there are year round residents out that way. Elysia is still closed. So I think you would be good to go to where you describe but most likely have to park on the edge of the road as driveways will be snow bound.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thanks Jager!

Just a heads up with the present closures. A group out of Prince George was fishing up Williston lake over the weekend and the logging road passed through a park. As they were not fishing in the park they figured all was well and good. Not so, they were stopped on the way back, ticketed and their fish were taken away because they passed through the park.

Pretty cheap shot I’d say, a warning and some dialog might have been a better fit here, but be aware when travelling if your chosen path uses a park road for access.

Hmmm one of my 2nd options for spring bear...guess that puts Elysian area out..
    steven

Are you talking about the park on the north shore of horsefly lake? Hatchery road or Z road.
    I would doubt anyone is monitoring that road. It is an hour and a half from anywhere. It will be breaking up as well because the frost is coming out.

The road was plowed out to quesnel lake but a lot of the spurs roads are not plowed. Cougar bay is plowed. Hen Ingram was open to a logging site.
    Hope you have good mud tires and clearance under your truck!! You will need them. 20 inches of snow on my lawn and some places have 4 feet of snow in the bush. 96 inches of snow this year. Your call.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by bc7mm View Post
    Just a heads up with the present closures. A group out of Prince George was fishing up Williston lake over the weekend and the logging road passed through a park. As they were not fishing in the park they figured all was well and good. Not so, they were stopped on the way back, ticketed and their fish were taken away because they passed through the park.

Pretty cheap shot I’d say, a warning and some dialog might have been a better fit here, but be aware when travelling if your chosen path uses a park road for access.
    And here is a classic example of the government overstepping. It comes back to common sense. Common sense tells us that some guys fishing up Williston are no problem as far as spreading the virus (or anything else, for that matter) is concerned. I support a common sense approach to restricting travel; I don't support stupidity. This is an example of law enforcement demonstrating their eagerness to, under the right circumstances, satisfy their need to step on the necks of the average citizen when they get the chance. This is stupid and I hope karma bites those officers involved at some point; they deserve it. GD