Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime BCWF Members

Re: Lifetime BCWF Members

Why don't you contact bcwf.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Why don't you contact bcwf.
    Sounds like he has.....

Getting an annual membership card while being a life member is embarrassing as hell for an organization IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    How much money per year are we actually talking about?

It’s the principle of the matter. If you’re already a life “Paid” member, then you shouldn’t be charged again. If life memberships aren’t being charged out at a large enough amount, then that should be changed. Being “essentially “ forced to pay twice is morally wrong and the Fed should rectify this problem. If a person wants to donate up and above their membership, then fine, but don’t double dip and expect the member to be happy with it. When I approached being a life member and found that I’d still be paying the extra at my range of choice, I declined with a few words in return.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Not different than the NFA or CSSA club membership vs individual membership.
    Way too much butt hurt feelings going on.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    too much, especially when it is extracted for no good reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    There is a rep in each section of the Province that attend meetings and voice Members concerns, I honestly can't be bothered to waste my time doing that. If a concern is voiced in any manner it should be dealt with. As far as how much money are we talking about, any amount is wrong. At our Club we have to pay the full pull into BCWF to join the local Club, thats what was explained to me when I signed up. So now I have a Lifetime membership card and every year I get mailed a separate card as a Regular member. I'm quite sure there is some legality involved concerning double dipping, another avenue I'll have to look into. My post was to ascertain if in fact other Lifetime members have voiced the same concern to BCWF or if I was the only whiner! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    It’s the principle of the matter. If you’re already a life “Paid” member, then you shouldn’t be charged again. If life memberships aren’t being charged out at a large enough amount, then that should be changed. Being “essentially “ forced to pay twice is morally wrong and the Fed should rectify this problem. If a person wants to donate up and above their membership, then fine, but don’t double dip and expect the member to be happy with it. When I approached being a life member and found that I’d still be paying the extra at my range of choice, I declined with a few words in return.
    Really, what are we talking about? $20 a year? $30?

If someone has a concern like this it's not a BCWF concern, it's a club concern. The BCWF isn't forcing you to join a club or telling your club how to collect it's fees. Your club sets up the fee schedule, and it's your choice to agree to the fees and be a member, or disagree with the fees and decline to be a member.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Really, what are we talking about? $20 a year? $30?

If someone has a concern like this it's not a BCWF concern, it's a club concern. The BCWF isn't forcing you to join a club or telling your club how to collect it's fees. Your club sets up the fee schedule, and it's your choice to agree to the fees and be a member, or disagree with the fees and decline to be a member.
    Ah, ya, really, and BCWF is in fact forcing folks to join them! Doesn't matter what the dollar value is, it's not right, that's the point of it. I should be able to choose whether or not I wish to join the BCWF and yes, it is their problem and not the local Clubs. I spoke to one of our local Club directors about this and he agree's that the double dipping is not right but it is what it is. I'm sure there are many outdoors folks that would love to join a local Club but do not wish to be members of the BCWF, and its their right to choose over one or the other, not BCWF's. As mentioned earlier with regards to this post if I wanted to belong to more than one Club, then I'd really be getting hosed! Our Club only has a short rifle range and I'd also like to go to one of the other Club's ranges that has further distance, but can't unless your a member of that Club. The extra money I'm paying BCWF for one membership would more than cover the expense of another membership if this rule they have wasn't in place. How would you like to put out $1000 for a life membership and then keep getting charged again every year! 20 years I've put out another grand!! Really!....Sherm

iirc each club submits $48? per member to the Fed
    I want to join 3 area clubs for different benefits and programs, and have no problem paying the club portion
    3 Fed memberships have no advantages, not even gratis lottery tickets

It would be a logistical impossibility for any club to decide who pays, but at the Fed office should only be a keystroke for any membership remitted in a name that is a duplicate, and send a refund
    Last edited by boxhitch; 04-12-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Ah, ya, really, and BCWF is in fact forcing folks to join them! Doesn't matter what the dollar value is, it's not right, that's the point of it. I should be able to choose whether or not I wish to join the BCWF and yes, it is their problem and not the local Clubs. I spoke to one of our local Club directors about this and he agree's that the double dipping is not right but it is what it is. I'm sure there are many outdoors folks that would love to join a local Club but do not wish to be members of the BCWF, and its their right to choose over one or the other, not BCWF's. As mentioned earlier with regards to this post if I wanted to belong to more than one Club, then I'd really be getting hosed! Our Club only has a short rifle range and I'd also like to go to one of the other Club's ranges that has further distance, but can't unless your a member of that Club. The extra money I'm paying BCWF for one membership would more than cover the expense of another membership if this rule they have wasn't in place. How would you like to put out $1000 for a life membership and then keep getting charged again every year! 20 years I've put out another grand!! Really!....Sherm
    It was your choice to become a lifetime member, sounds like it was the wrong decision for you.

Not every club is a BCWF affiliate, maybe joining one of those clubs is a good option for you.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

It was your choice to become a lifetime member, sounds like it was the wrong decision for you.

Not every club is a BCWF affiliate, maybe joining one of those clubs is a good option for you.
    If I'd known I was getting screwed I wouldn't have gone the Lifetime route but stuck to the yearly plan, but then again I find it hard to believe that a organization such as BCWF would allow such a thing, just to keep membership numbers up. Hardly makes any sense to have to drive 100 miles more to a different Club to use a range, and not support your own local Club. I understand there are many that do not agree or support the BCWF, thats their decision. I do support them but like any big organization they have to sometimes be called out on practices that are wrong for their members....

Some clubs offer associate membership at a reduced rate if you prove that you are already a BCWF member. In the end it is your money, Spend it any way you like.The original reason for lifetime membership was that some people did not want to join a club but still wanted to support the federation