Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime BCWF Members

Re: Lifetime BCWF Members

I've always bought a Direct Membership. I still attend local meetings, but I purchase my BCWF membership as a Direct Member.

JT,
    If you pay direct, do you also pay club fees? That include BCWF fees.

There should not be double dipping, AND for a person to donate as a LIFE MEMBERSHIP, that's a lot of money, should not be charged extra on club membership portion of BCWF.

Time to set a policy BCWF, protect those that support your efforts with Lifetime Membership
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    JT,
    If you pay direct, do you also pay club fees? That include BCWF fees.
    No. Never have paid the club fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I still don't understand why you would buy a lifetime membership if you intended to maintain a membership in a BCWF affiliated club.

A few minutes of research on your part prior to a lifetime purchase and you could have avoided putting yourself into this situation.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not sure your getting the point of all this. I didn't put myself in any sort of situation, the ludicrous decision by BCWF is what has caused me to stand up for myself and other Lifetime Members that may be getting hosed via double dipping! We shouldn't have to "research" a Club, we support it. Perhaps the BCWF should post something when someone chooses to become a Lifetime Member, something like this: "WARNING, JOINING THIS CLUB WILL FORCE YOU TO PAY US DOUBLE YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES AND NO YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING EXTRA AND NO WE DO NOT GIVE A RATS ARSE WHAT YOU THINK!!", you know, something like that! Maybe.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not sure your getting the point of all this. I didn't put myself in any sort of situation, the ludicrous decision by BCWF is what has caused me to stand up for myself and other Lifetime Members that may be getting hosed via double dipping! We shouldn't have to "research" a Club, we support it. Perhaps the BCWF should post something when someone chooses to become a Lifetime Member, something like this: "WARNING, JOINING THIS CLUB WILL FORCE YOU TO PAY US DOUBLE YOUR MEMBERSHIP DUES AND NO YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING EXTRA AND NO WE DO NOT GIVE A RATS ARSE WHAT YOU THINK!!", you know, something like that! Maybe.......
    Yes, you put yourself in the situation. Nobody forced you to buy a lifetime membership.

Maybe if you had just asked a couple of questions about the program before you opened your wallet and forked over the money you would have more clearly understood what you are buying.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Yes, you put yourself in the situation. Nobody forced you to buy a lifetime membership.

Maybe if you had just asked a couple of questions about the program before you opened your wallet and forked over the money you would have more clearly understood what you are buying.
    You could just Interac the $35 to my email addy too! Appreciate the contribution!

Not the same situation but I at one time had 3 different memberships to the BCWF. One for my local range, one for the range close to my rec property, and another for a different organisation I belong to. I still have 2 of them (moved up country so down to one range but still support the orginization because I believe in what they do) I have asked and have been told there is no option to opt out of the BCWF for either

I gain nothing by having multiple memberships and I would much rather see the money that I pay for one of membership go directly to the organizations that I am a part of.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Not the same situation but I at one time had 3 different memberships to the BCWF. One for my local range, one for the range close to my rec property, and another for a different organisation I belong to. I still have 2 of them (moved up country so down to one range but still support the orginization because I believe in what they do) I have asked and have been told there is no option to opt out of the BCWF for either

I gain nothing by having multiple memberships and I would much rather see the money that I pay for one of membership go directly to the organizations that I am a part of.
    It's actually totally related and in fact one of the things I pointed out in the letters to the Presidents. I too wanted to join another Club because of a longer range, but I sure as hell ain't paying for another BCWF membership! So that Club loses a Member and support...

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Well...as a new year approaches ....I'm again reminded how the BCWF is ripping off Lifetime Members with the double dipping of membership dues.

So my question is, what the hell is going on in the BCWF office that they don't even have the curtosey of a reply, really??

I know that there are Directors or other officials from the BCWF that cruise this website, won't mention names. But not once has any of them waded into this discussion, just like the rest of the organization.

Give me my money back and I'll just get the yearly membership until such time as I won't require the services of the local gun club.

Shermanator:

I'm one of the directors who cruises this website, as you say. You can mention my name anytime you like. It's not a secret and its the one I use everywhere. You can direct message me, email me at rob@robchipman.net, or call me at 604-230-4225. I understand that you've sent emails and letters to the office and to sitting presidents, but next time (if you want a timely response from me) send me an email or call me.

You have posed some legitimate questions and the lack of an answer is frustrating. I will bring it up at the next Board meeting, which happens to be this Friday-Sunday.

Send me your actual name and contact info. I will get you an answer.

Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    Shermanator:

I'm one of the directors who cruises this website, as you say. You can mention my name anytime you like. It's not a secret and its the one I use everywhere. You can direct message me, email me at rob@robchipman.net, or call me at 604-230-4225. I understand that you've sent emails and letters to the office and to sitting presidents, but next time (if you want a timely response from me) send me an email or call me.

You have posed some legitimate questions and the lack of an answer is frustrating. I will bring it up at the next Board meeting, which happens to be this Friday-Sunday.

Send me your actual name and contact info. I will get you an answer.

Probably the main reason I have never contacted you or made a request for you look into this, is simple. I posted this a year and a half ago and it has been fairly active. There never was any response from you whatsoever, so my assumption was also simple, a lack of interest. Had I known you were a shortcut to the "Hierarchy "of the BCWF, I would have utilized that avenue and it maybe would have saved allot of time and effort on my part. I will forward you my information, which is on record at BCWF, and hope you can come up with a solution to this ongoing issue, thank you..Sherm
    Last edited by Shermanator; 11-17-2021 at 09:24 PM.