Thread: Easton FMJ?

Easton FMJ?

Any one shooting the FMJ arrows? How do they hold up? Any worries about bending them? Are they good arrows for hunting/target shooting? Thanks!

I'm excited to hear your experiences with them.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Easton FMJ?

I’ve harvested two moose with them 29” 50gr insert and 100gr head. Love the weight of them 62yds almost through and through hit bone and was stuck on fletching everything else has been through . Have had a couple bend but all due to my ignorance. Maybe just me but I seemed to have better groups with them than the Easton AXIS.

I was fooled before and I used them, but think they suck and won't buy again. I've bent too many. Most who say thy never have, never have spin tested em. Just had this discussion and debate, pulled a couple arrows from his quiver and viola, he won't buy em again. I tripped over some deadfall last day out this past fall, not hard, didn't throw my bow or anything but it did contact the ground as I landed on my side. Absolutely nothing hard about my fall but must have hit something cause every arrow in my quiver was bent, not very much, I spin tested em cause 1 looked funny. They are too heavy, can't load the front with much weight unless you want a very heavy arrow. I think of them like 2x4's.
    Disclaimer, I am 30" draw so 29-30" arrow is over 500 grains with minimal insert weight. I've found smaller diameter arrows, lighter GPI are able to run 200+grains up front, increasing FOC and perform better.
    Just my 2 cents, it's not worth a nickel.

i like them but i am still a goldtip fan..

i carry 1 of them in my quiver however with a 100 grain thunderhead and 4 inch fletch..

I recently switch over to 5mm FMJs . I decided to max the poundage on my traverse to 73# and at the same time switched to a heavier /thinner arrow. The difference in penetration is significant. They do bend easier than full carbon so you will need to decide if its worth it to you. I would say stay full carbon if you miss the target often. If you are a good shot I don't see them being much of an issue.