Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging Trucks a public danger

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Re: Logging Trucks a public danger

Quote Originally Posted by igojuone View Post
    I drive gravel truck something chip van in oil/gas industry up north and I’ll say there’s bad drivers on both sides. I don’t know how many times I’ve warned others about pickups without radios, it’s the courteous thing to do which most truckers are, they don’t make money sitting on the side of the road after smashing into a hunter or fisherman.
    Even though about starting a Radio 101 course as some guys are terrible at calling kms. That being said the heavy trucks have the right of way, I can pull a pickup out of the ditch not knowing I’m hooked to it but can a pickup pull a heavy out of the ditch, not a chance.
    If everyone would drive like there is oncoming traffic all would be good but in the years I’ve been driving I can only think of 2 collisions involving multiple vehicles and that’s driving close to 200K kms a year.
    Buy a radio, it’s still no guarantee but it’s better then not having one.

Been driving Nitrogen Pumpers, Tankers and hauling Queens and Kings seasonally and Accident free since 2005 in the Oil & Gas Industry myself.

If everyone would drive like there is oncoming traffic all would be good, you said it.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

LMAO. Logging trucks have the right of way. Period. Not only that but when i was trying to find the town of Tulameen, I had a logger truck show me the way and keep me safe from other loggers so yeah no quams here.
    Last edited by HikerHunter; 04-12-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Any recommendations on where to get a decent 2 way radio, as well as a link to Radio protocol for us new guys?

Thanks!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOwL View Post
    Ok. You guys read before replying, and connect the brain before answering, assuming I have no radio... assuming I wasn't responsible...and some say that I should stay at home for one month. and save for a two way radio, I always said there is no better way to show Your stupidity than assuming.

Now lets go to the facts, FSR are public land, this is precisely why is recommended to use a radio, if You want to stay home do it, but not for one month, stay there forever. now if there is a communication and I do every effort to step aside, and no matter My efforts and no matter how wide the road is, they come like a tank close to My vehicle despite that I am there waiting outside the road, they still do. Radio on Hand.

Now keep assuming and attracting more peers to help You with Your assuming. and Yes Ride Red, Read/learn so You don't look like and idiot!

Once you realize they are hauling on the FSR, how about making a better plan mitigate the potential of an incident with a logging truck..... try a different road.

1.) You have the privilege to use the road, not the right.
    2.) The logging company will have a road use permit or agreement - they have the right, and the right of way.
    3.) The general public create un-numbered hazards to active logging operations through their ignorance. This is why gates go up.

You posts show your ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Any recommendations on where to get a decent 2 way radio, as well as a link to Radio protocol for us new guys?

Thanks!
    I bought an iCom for about $400, programming included.

Canyon 2-Way Radio
    Mike ~ Hope, BC

or

Freeway Radio
    Mt. Lehman, Abbotsford, BC

Just a question, why so many here saying the logging companies have all the rights to the roads they build until they put up a gate?
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    Just a question, why so many here saying the logging companies have all the rights to the roads they build until they put up a gate?
    Because they are resource roads, under the user agreement they are responsible for the maintenance. Coming from the north I don't understand the gate thing as we don't have many.

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    Thats the difference between Resource Roads on the mainland (crown land, very few gates) and the logging roads on Vancouver Island (private property, lots of gates).

Main reason gates go up is because of vandalism, and this occurs most on the popular FSRs closest to cities. As far as gates on South Island/private property holdings their insurance provider may require them to have in place (I am familiar with the islands TW/IT private land areas and their the allowed access).

Thank you Citori54...... My hunting partner had to hit the ditch once on a very narrow spur. The other driver backed up and chained him out of the ditch. Spooky for both of them, but no hard feelings as sometimes chit happens.