Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logging Trucks a public danger

Logging Trucks a public danger

Logging and Mining truck drivers are a public danger, they make no effort to share the road, they don't Own public land as they might think.

I ask You BCWF:
    Please educate Logging and mining companies that they have only the right to exploit certain area but not to take possession of public land and restricting or bulling other drivers who make extreme efforts to evade a collision that will result in a deadly accident in which the Outdoorsman will be the victim.

Please educate this *******s that we also have a Family waiting for us, and this bulling has to stop, I had some close calls, it doesn't matter where you go, there are always bullies who try to intimidate, this is happening is all the Province. And I know You all know this.
    May the 4art be with you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Logging Trucks a public danger

Okay not sure where you are going with this . There are radios that enable you to monitor logging truck traffic on FSR roads . I rented one for such travel , nowplanning to buy one ! They appreciate that hunters and others do monitor the roads when you are traveling the backcountry roads .I personally have had good experiences with logging truck drivers . Not to say there may be some that are not so friendly

Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Last time I checked these roads were built for logging purposes (or mining). When the road is utilized for industrial purposes, the public should be careful of when and how they utilize those roads. The roads are built to minimum standards and for industrial use. They have radios in their rigs for the purposes of communicating to move traffic along safely and efficiently. If you are using the road, and not monitoring radio controlled traffic, thats YOUR problem. YOU are the hazard to the people working and using that road. Do everyone a favor instead of complaining - get a radio and be responsible to the many others using that road, instead of all the others having to watch out for your lame ass.

If you do not have a radio, follow a truck from a ways back, stop when they stop, go when they go. They are feeding their families and do not want to hurt you either. 100,000 pound truck cannot stop, turn, or get out of the way. Don't put yourself in the way. These are the basic survival tools for driving on logging roads without a radio. I have had some close calls, and I understand your frustration, but those roads have industrial traffic. Its like askng the Queen Mary to move out of the way for a row boat. IMO.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOwL View Post
    Logging and Mining truck drivers are a public danger, they make no effort to share the road, they don't Own public land as they might think.

I ask You BCWF:
    Please educate Logging and mining companies that they have only the right to exploit certain area but not to take possession of public land and restricting or bulling other drivers who make extreme efforts to evade a collision that will result in a deadly accident in which the Outdoorsman will be the victim.

Please educate this *******s that we also have a Family waiting for us, and this bulling has to stop, I had some close calls, it doesn't matter where you go, there are always bullies who try to intimidate, this is happening is all the Province. And I know You all know this.

The major aspect of this that you don’t seem to recognize is that you are out there for fun, your family doesn’t need for you to be out there. A truck drivers family relies on that driver to keep a roof over their heads and food on their table.
    You acting in a reckless manner and not taking responsibility for your own safety puts everyone out there at risk.

You want to minimize the risk to yourself, stay home for a month and use that gas money you would have spent to buy a two way radio.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    The major aspect of this that you don’t seem to recognize is that you are out there for fun, your family doesn’t need for you to be out there. A truck drivers family relies on that driver to keep a roof over their heads and food on their table.
    You acting in a reckless manner and not taking responsibility for your own safety puts everyone out there at risk.

You want to minimize the risk to yourself, stay home for a month and use that gas money you would have spent to buy a two way radio.
    And these companies built these roads to extract timber, not the general public. Goes to show that people need to read/learn before posting and looking like an idiot.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

While I agree with all the "get a radio" and "they're at work, get out of their way" sentiments, I've had log trucks run my off the road deliberately on more than one occasion around lake cowichan, so there is certainly some issues surrounding behaviour on both sides of the equation.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Ok. You guys read before replying, and connect the brain before answering, assuming I have no radio... assuming I wasn't responsible...and some say that I should stay at home for one month. and save for a two way radio, I always said there is no better way to show Your stupidity than assuming.

Now lets go to the facts, FSR are public land, this is precisely why is recommended to use a radio, if You want to stay home do it, but not for one month, stay there forever. now if there is a communication and I do every effort to step aside, and no matter My efforts and no matter how wide the road is, they come like a tank close to My vehicle despite that I am there waiting outside the road, they still do. Radio on Hand.

Now keep assuming and attracting more peers to help You with Your assuming. and Yes Ride Red, Read/learn so You don't look like and idiot!
    May the 4art be with you

I’d suggest that any of you complaining about logging trucks try to do a bush round and enlighten yourselves with what it’s like being in one. Once you’ve done so, come back and tell us about your personal experience. I’m sure once done, you’re attitude and approach on these roads will be completely different.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I’d suggest that any of you complaining about logging trucks try to do a bush round and enlighten yourselves with what it’s like being in one. Once you’ve done so, come back and tell us about your personal experience. I’m sure once done, you’re attitude and approach on these roads will be completely different.
    I suggest You come down from your cloud and get yourself some sense of responsibility, You have to see both sides, not Your one sided convenience insisting of being an idiot, and yes I had driven a semi. this is precisely the reason why I am saying that out there are some *******s who give bad name to trucking.
    May the 4art be with you