Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2020 Turkey Thread

The Official 2020 Turkey Thread

Let's get this thing rolling. HBC is in desperate need of some hunting content. Let's see some past long beards, decoy set up etc. Been hunting these things since they were on LEH and our group looks forward to it every spring. I'll get it started.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The Official 2020 Turkey Thread

I can't wait, my daughter and I are heading out for opener, I have scouted twice, not a peep so far!
    KCCO

East Kootenays, gun is ready @ the back door waiting till early Wednesday morning.. https://imgur.com/4HBZZv4
    Dana says:"That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact."

Did some scouting in the WK last weekend. Little quiet and wasn't much for green up in the usual spots but this warm weather should have things changing quickly. Can't wait for next week!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Couple days away! Let's see some past successes and things like decoy set ups that could help people out. Normally we do a 2 hen, 1 jake set up but things happened fast with this bird and we only had time to get a single hen out before he popped into a small clearing.

Last year’s longbeard. Hoping to be out for them again this week!

Twist and pull.

I have hunted turkeys in the past with bow, rifle & shotgun but not in bc. Without giving away specific spots where would be a good place in bc to start looking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Good luck to everyone on the eve of the opener! Hope to hear of a few guys connecting tomorrow.

Here's a double header from a couple years back. First one was dumped at 5yds which explains the lack of feathers

Hopefully someone is out on the opener and seeing some long beards! Good luck to those that make it out! Jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    Hopefully someone is out on the opener and seeing some long beards! Good luck to those that make it out! Jealous...
    I was out with my son. He arrowed a big longbeard this morning. Just finished pinning the fan, now making a late lunch before we out for the evening.
    Twist and pull.