Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lillooet shut down this weekend

Re: lillooet shut down this weekend

Faster buy in than I expected, and I hold the general public in pretty low regard at the best of times. It surprised me how quickly people have forgotten the rail blockades from a few weeks ago and the enthusiasm that was shown for the “just run them over” mentality.

Wonder what the conversations here will be like when it is armed country folk on one side of a road block trying to get into town for sugar or yeast and angry armed townies on the other side trying to “keep people that aren’t from here home”....

Personally, at 45 years old, I’m past my hothead years (mostly) but there is a pretty big segment of the population that needs excitement like that, and communities taking it upon themselves to enforce “recommendations” with force because they think it is justified in the name of “safety”. Be aware that there will always be people that will look at this as an attack on their ability to be able protect themselves and their families and do whats best for them.

Public shaming and castigation as has been shown on recent threads isn’t the answer either. Every single person in the province knows they need to be careful out there. Not everyone has the same home life as you, and maybe some people have different mental/emotional/physical needs. Just try to be cognizant that not everyone CAN live like everyone else and show some compassion and kindness when someone asks what everyone is doing on a long weekend....

Double tap.
    Last edited by KodiakHntr; 04-10-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post

Personally, at 45 years old, I’m past my hothead years .
    Hell i'm 59 and not there yet, how did you manage to do it at such a young age

LOL, maybe “past” is the wrong word.
    These days it just takes longer to get there is all.

Lillooet? Who would want to go there anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Personally, at 45 years old, I’m past my hothead years .

I am older that both of you and haven't passed my hothead years. Mind you, I am a little more cautious.

Nevertheless, I think that the district is overstepping their bounds and have no business trying to enforce a self declared blockade. What say those that decide to go camp in that area just setup their own blockade on the outskirts of Lillooet and hem the residents in so to prevent them from leaving their fine village. How do you think those that are penned in would like that now that the shoe is on the different foot.

So, I concur with KodiakHntr.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I think that's a bit much. They cant stop people from travelling through and camping on crown land. I for one wouldn't be stopping for this garbage. I get it everyone should be staying home but this kind of action can get out of hand.

What the HELL is the Matter with all YOU People ? lol RJ

R J it is easter madness..going around..have ya been egghunting yet?����

Kodiak, 'gets it' and I concur with his comments, 110%.